Sign in to follow this  
Demetri

Gaming Consoles

I personally have the PS3 and i enjoy it soo much. I can put my music on there and not have to worry bout CD's and a dvd player for my movies. Keeps my younger siblings outta my stuff too!! Great when you are playing a game you havent reached a save point yet.

• Like 1

PS3 for me. Depends what titles you want to play really...graphicically it's a toss up. I like how the PS3 doubles as a media center as well and you don't need to pay to play online whereas with the 360 you need to purchase an X-box Live subscription.

Yea, I'd agree, i have a PS2, Wii, and a PSP. I did have a PS and Gamecube before, but after I got the above, i didn't need 'em anymore

I like the Playstation for the Final Fantasy series, my Wii for Mario games, and my psp for emulation and playing on the run.

I had to say Playstation 3 for me as well, despite the fact that I am not a big fan of Sony. It does feature Bluray, which is especially beneficial in a home theater setup. That's not to mention it has the usual array of personal favorites like Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero, etc plus exclusive titles like the Gran Turismo franchise -- especially GT5 :whistling: Forza Motorsport 3 is coming for Xbox 360, but I feel more in GT5 as far as driving experience, graphics, and simulation goes.

PS3 for me - Bluray and excellent graphics, and exclusive games like GranTurismo.

• Like 1

Wow,

Id say 360 for me,

Cause onlines absolutely grea,t and theres always people on any game no matter what!

And storing my music onto the hard drive, or even streaming if i want to, and streaming movies and videos from pc, and upscaling to 1080p, And putting the whole game onto the hard drive to make it run smoothly and not over run the fans or danger of scratched discs, and i love the accesories and online marketplace has far more then PSN , for example psn has a VERY limited supply of demos and other downloadable content, where as xbox live has ALOT more. This isnt it but im getting tired of typing :whistling:

• Like 1

Would you consider the Wii a bit odd if you aren't playing with friends? Because from my experience the Wii is an excellent party console, but PS3/Xbox 360 seems to be more of an optimal choice for just playing by yourself or online.

It's really competitive right now. The Wii and Xbox 360 Arcade are hitting the $200 CAD mark while the PS3 sits at $300 CAD along with the Elite.

What do you think of the slim? I got the impression from MoM that it wasn't the greatest...

Well, I've never actually played with PSP's or had time to look at some reviews prior to owning this one, but I find it somewhat slow when loading up more "intense" games. I've got some games that load pretty quickly, and those were the ones I tend to beat quickly as opposed to other ones. For example, comparing Final Fantasy Dissidia and Secret Agent Clank. SAC is more of a straight forward game than FFD. It all depends on how you play with your PSP I guess. Although FFD has a Data Install to help it lower the time it takes to actually load up.

• Like 5

Some games are just like that though, loading times are from the developer right? Some games have atrocious load times whether it be on a PSP, console or even a PC. Just think back on some of those games that had terrible loading times, like some of the older Need For Shift games.

Well, I've never actually played with PSP's or had time to look at some reviews prior to owning this one, but I find it somewhat slow when loading up more "intense" games. I've got some games that load pretty quickly, and those were the ones I tend to beat quickly as opposed to other ones. For example, comparing Final Fantasy Dissidia and Secret Agent Clank. SAC is more of a straight forward game than FFD. It all depends on how you play with your PSP I guess. Although FFD has a Data Install to help it lower the time it takes to actually load up.

+1 rep for you sir. Thanks for the Info.

• Like 1