Sign in to follow this  
TL6MT

DD-WRT

Thread split

Yeah I'll get it installed maybe today ;) Just read over the procedures, seems simple enough. We'll see how it goes.

I just fired it up and did a 30-30-30 reset, flashed it, and done. It recommends a wait of 5 minute before clicking continue after flashing, but like many Linksys router owners it doesn't work... so after a quick reset everything worked fine. The thing that took the most time was configuration and getting everything to work the way I want it to.

The 5GHz configuration only works when set to Wireless A and N mixed mode, can't lock it to N only (No performance loss) with this not-exactly-stable release though. A few other minor issues in addition, but my router works very well otherwise.

Set the strength to 79mW for both bands, 84 seemed to cause too many errors for me. 79 was perfect though ;) (Up from 71).

Same results when I installed DD-WRT on my WRT610N v1. What I didn't like was application of settings is slow and disconnects, but better than old DD-WRT versions. If you haven't bought your WRT610N and v2 is out in the market you're SOL for DD-WRT so far.

Pretty much haha, that's what I told shc-boomer this afternoon. Another non-DD-WRTable router so far :P Too bad the WRT400N isn't even listed, and his current WRT54GC isn't DD-WRTable either.

I really like the virtual wireless networks though ;) I think it allows up to 16 per adapter, so I should start spamming the neighborhood WiFi with all my aphnetworks_<name> networks :P

20661900.png

The bandwidth monitoring features are pretty cool too haha, like we use to monitor bandwidth in/out with our servers. I didn't know I used 9GB since I installed DD-WRT. ;)