• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TL6MT

TL6MT

I drive an Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT

• +Subscriber
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

aiwanese mobile phonemaker HTC's net profit in the fourth quarter of 2012 has dropped 91 percent year-on-year.

In a Taiwan stock exchange filing, HTC said its net income after tax for quarter ending December 2012 was NT$1 billion (US$34.4 million), a fall from NT$11.02 billion (US$379.5 million) in the fourth quarter of 2011.

According to a Reuters report Monday, HTC's results fall misses forecast. The newswire's poll cited 18 analysts forecasting a net profit of NT$1.47 billion (US$50.6 million) in the quarter.

HTC revenues were at NT$60 billion (US$2.1 billion) in the last quarter of 2012, a decline compared to its revenues of NT$101.4 billion (US$3.5 billion) in same period in 2011.

In an interview with The Wall Street Journal early this year, HTC CEO Peter Chou admitted that the the company had a bad year with failed marketing efforts and competitors proving "too strong". However, Chou was optimistic and believes that the worst was over. "2013 will not be too bad," he said.

HTC has fallen from its days as Google Android's poster boy when it was the first company to build Google's flagship Nexus smartphones in 2010. In June 2011, Chou that HTC was the largest developer of Android, after Google.

Today, Samsung leads the Android pack, boosted by its chip design and manufacturing prowess.

http://www.zdnet.com...ent-7000009446/

#2 chconline

chconline

Editor-in-Chief

• Executive Staff Team
  • 28,678 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 09:05 AM

Not surprised. Well, I never really liked their phones anyway. Kenneth would tend to disagree though :P

RrFz3vS.png

#3 shc-boomer

shc-boomer

News Director

• Staff Team
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Can't say I'm surprised, I still like my One X, but their marketing and lack of products in terms of availability really hurt them. In addition, I felt that they did not even try to compete once they had enough of the market.

#4 Big Bang

Big Bang

APH Platinum

• +Subscriber
  • 4,183 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:54 AM

They got **** update cycles, they **** their Users 6 months into the product Release...
Posted Image
Camaro SS FTW

#5 TL6MT

TL6MT

I drive an Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT

• +Subscriber
  • 4,879 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

Can't say I'm surprised, I still like my One X, but their marketing and lack of products in terms of availability really hurt them. In addition, I felt that they did not even try to compete once they had enough of the market.

Well their phone also looks like ****, no offense.

#6 shc-boomer

shc-boomer

News Director

• Staff Team
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Well their phone also looks like ****, no offense.

Each to their own, I take no offense. The market shows the results anyways.

#7 performance_1

performance_1

APH Prestige

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

People only buy HTC phones if theyre on **** carriers like Wind or Mobi lol

#8 shc-boomer

shc-boomer

News Director

• Staff Team
  • 11,533 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

That's untrue for the most part, HTC phones are sold as a budget brand now. Not necessarily a bad thing when you consider their outlook right now and how they push out exclusivity of phones in Canada.

#9 chconline

chconline

Editor-in-Chief

• Executive Staff Team
  • 28,678 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55 AM

Not really, a lot of people have Galaxy S3s :P

RrFz3vS.png