• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 chconline

chconline

Editor-in-Chief

• Executive Staff Team
  • 28,416 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Since they hurried to redo the Civic for 2013, I decided to check it out. I took out a white LX model in 5MT. It is a brand new car, with like 11km on the odometer when I took it out, and the plastic is still on the seats. Here are some pics from my last test drive:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In my personal opinion, even though they have done quite a bit to improve the interior, it is just merely lipstick on a pig. The fake stitching and the chrome around the air vents are nice, but it still suffers from the funny looking, mismatched shape configuration. As far as the exterior is concerned, the LX model I tested (Which is basically a previous generation DX-G) screams cheap in every way. The previous generation is much better in presenting the base model. It still drives like a good ol' Honda, which is good, but all in all, I am not impressed. The 8th Civic is still a league better.

And compared to the Honda Accord (below), which is just amazing, lol. Yes, I bring my own radar detector for test drives :P

Posted Image
hYaFpiq.png

#2 TL6MT

TL6MT

I drive an Acura TL SH-AWD 6MT

• +Subscriber
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the writeup chc - the interior material isnt bad. But the car isnt that good looking compared to 8th.

#3 chconline

chconline

Editor-in-Chief

• Executive Staff Team
  • 28,416 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I agree the interior material isn't bad, but I think it is just the way it is implemented.
hYaFpiq.png

#4 shc-boomer

shc-boomer

News Director

• Staff Team
  • 11,532 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

I agree the interior material isn't bad, but I think it is just the way it is implemented.

Agreed, I took out a Touring edition for a test drive not too far back. Biggest concern was the interior look, better than 2012 but still needs a lot more work. However, for a one year mid-model change this isn't too shabby. Still lacks that 'Civic' feel to it though.