Sign in to follow this  
chconline

BestSkinsEver for iPhone 6 - 10 month review

Last year, I bought a set of BestSkinsEver skin for my iPhone 6 right when it came out. Here's what I have ordered:

==============================

====================================
Ordered: 1 Shipped: 1 SKU: 1416-A-GLOS-B-MAT iPhone 6, 4.7 inch Skins - Screen: Glossy, Body: Matte @ $7.79 = $7.79

==================================================================

Product Total: $7.79
Sales Tax: $0.00
Shipping: $2.99

Invoice Total: $10.78

To be honest, I wasn't a fan of the glossy film to begin with. In the past, it had an orange peel effect, which was tolerable, but not preferred. With the iPhone 6 film, it suffers from significant pitting issues even when new. I have not seen this issue with their past products, which we have reviewed here on APH before. The matte skin I used for the back was perfect though.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed with the way the skin has held up. After 10 months of regular usage, and the skin was applied correctly, here's what I got:

MDaNtqt.jpg

Ll1UzOv.jpg

The part next to the home button was peeling. Also, the back skin was poorly designed; all four corners began to peel starting from a few months in, which I ended up just cutting off.

wX2NqZx.jpg

The removed corners. It continued to peel even after I removed it. Also, dust began to gather next to the volume button on the left side.

X0BtGRu.jpg

The right corner of the phone (left in the photo) held up, but the left corner recently began to peel, so I snipped it off just a few weeks ago.

S7sahXa.jpg

Major issues on this side. Again, both corners were removed. Significant peeling was noticed under the SIM card and power button plus the little notch in between. This cannot be purely due to usage, since I never remove the SIM card, yet the part under it is peeling like crazy.

ndGQSWk.jpg

1xHh67r.jpg

This part was slightly misaligned from installation, but was peeling like crazy nonetheless. I had to remove both corners.

kRLMk3a.jpg

A shot compared to my old iPhone 5 skin, also after about a year of use. Note the iPhone 5 has a completely flat screen, yet it still peeled around the speaker, edges, and the home button area. The back skin also had significant peeling. That aside, what I wanted to show was the discoloring in this photo. I didn't wear jeans when I used my iPhone 5, so it just yellowed/browned. For the iPhone 6, I did wear blue jeans, and it looked like it took quite a bit of the dye, but it still yellowed nonetheless. The extent of the back skin, with regards to its discoloring, removed corners, and peeling locations, can be clearly seen.

I switched to a glass screen protector and I don't think I will look back.

kRLMk3a.jpg

Oh the staining >_< Ugh. Nice pictures though.

Curved screens are a bit of a hassle however... the HTC One X+ I have has a curved(-ish) screen and applying any kind of screen protector is a pain.

^ That discoloring is pretty serious. Has their quality gone down over the years?

It looks very good (tempered glass). It looks like they also did a different cut so its not as easy to peel. How much was it?

I paid $8 USD for 2 glass protectors and the back.

:o That's an amazing deal.

Tell us how that stands up after 10 Months.

:P Sounds like a valid test... if the chc plans to keep their phone for that long.

Actually, I am not on a plan. I just swap every 2 years because it makes financial sense in terms of resale.