chconline

XtremeGuard Tempered Glass for iPhone 6 Review

chconline    1,337

Okay after a few months of usage, might as well post some pics of the XtremeGuard glass.

BG9aYc7.jpg

3 chips on the edge of the glass after being used for 2 months. It wasn't acceptable, and they promptly replaced it for free. Just got the replacement glass today.

aeroLai    1,337

I've read glass screen protectors on curved screens have more of a tendency to get chipped compared to flat surfaces. Could just be the fact it's exposed more.

+TL6MT    2,557

I think that's pretty consistent with reviews Ive been reading that their quality is going down especially with the chipping issue.

+Big Bang    1,541

I've read glass screen protectors on curved screens have more of a tendency to get chipped compared to flat surfaces. Could just be the fact it's exposed more.

How isn't it the Same? It stops right before the Curve anyway which is still an Edge.

chconline    1,337

I think it's just the way it handles stresses directly with a rolled off edge, exposing it to the environment more.

chconline    1,337

Okay so I used my second piece, here's what happened after 2.5 months:

2zvZwv5.jpg

REewJXa.jpg

The glass was chipping at 2 corners (not a big deal), but recently bubbles began to form. On Saturday, for some reason it cracked all around the bubble. This was from the same batch as the first screen. As such, I replaced it with the 3rd screen (the one they sent me a few months back) and it definitely looks like there were some changes made to the manufacturing. The ambient light sensor cut was different, and it seems to be sticking better at the edges. We'll see how this one holds up.

Also, XtremeGuard has great service. I emailed them again about this issue, and they promptly replied to send another one my way, all free of charge. (Y)

+TL6MT    2,557

How much did you pay for the glass? It better not be expensive because on their website it's $50.

+TL6MT    2,557

I'm surprised at how fast your screen protectors break o_o.

What does the chc do with his phone?

+TL6MT    2,557

lol, they are.

Anyway, it's starting to chip around the home button. Wut. :|

Something makes me wonder what you actually do with your phones seriously.

chconline    1,337

So last year, I applied a new skin on the back of my iPhone 6:

http://aphnetworks.com/forums/topic/6584-bestskinsever-for-iphone-6-10-month-review/?do=findComment&comment=108848

After 11 months, the XtremeGuard back skin was too worn out, so I decided to remove it. It is shown at the top left corner in the following photo:

SjdZVlJ.jpg

All the other ones are from BestSkinsEver.

It looks like the XtremeGuard has deteriorated beyond any BSE skin I have used in the past. The BSE at the bottom left corner did experience peeling and some slight discoloration, but the XtremeGuard not only peeled at even rounded corners (The top left corner was cut off because it was peeling too much, just like the protruding corners of the BSE skin), it browned way beyond any skin I have ever seen in the past. It looked amazing when new, but it sure didn't hold up well.