chconline

XtremeGuard Tempered Glass for iPhone 6 Review

aeroLai    1,337

Lol man XtremeGuard is terrible.

I find it funny how my no name glass screen protector has yet to need replacement, while XtremeGuard seems to just be terrible all around. You should go back to bestskinsever.

Edited by aeroLai

+TL6MT    2,557

That's some serious browning beyond comprehension - also how did the dirt get in those corners?

chconline    1,337

Probably just accumulated over time. Unfortunately, I think that's just how it is with any film protector.

+Big Bang    1,541

Lol man XtremeGuard is terrible.

I find it funny how my no name glass screen protector has yet to need replacement, while XtremeGuard seems to just be terrible all around. You should go back to bestskinsever.

Do you have a case that protects the Edges? Maybe that's why the screen Protector is still good.

Also XG looks like ****. Avoid.

Edited by Big Bang

aeroLai    1,337

Yeah I do have a case that slightly lips over the edges, so that probably does play a bit of a role too. I think it's the 2.5D screen on the iPhone which exposes it even more. The LG G3 is a lot flatter of a screen than the iPhone, and the screen protector sits right at the edge of the phone.

chconline    1,337

Some new updates. The last piece from XtremeGuard lasted until last week. Which isn't bad, but it's only because I've tolerated it for a whole year. Other than the chip around the home button that developed about a week in, there were mutiple chips on the left side and the right side, along with a crack through the center and the top. A total piece of crap, but I got tired of replacing it every 2 months. Anyway it started to bubble like the last one, so I decided to replace it.

Also, the last BSE skin also started peeling. I even tried to pre-cut all the corners to smoother angles, but it still peeled anyway. I got some cheap Chinese glass off the streets of HK ($20 HKD) with a new thin plastic case (Also $20 HKD off the streets). $40 HKD later and my phone looks new again.

So far, it's been a week and there are no chips so far. It's already better than XG :D

+TL6MT    2,557

Thanks for the update - definitely will avoid this brand.

chconline    1,337

Okay after a month, it looks like the cheap glass I got off the streets of HK are holding up really well. No cracks, no chips, and no peels. The case is also good, other than some normal wear and tear and the back and the edge next to the power button, which stretched a bit.

ddjrJ19.jpg

WACMWfN.jpg

+TL6MT    2,557

:P Your phone looks like its holding up pretty good despite the ****ty XG stuff.