prestonyuen

Windows 10 Creators Update

chconline    1,337

Not updated yet. May need to manually approve this in WSUS for me at home lol.

+TL6MT    2,557

Upgraded manually on my PC - no problems at all. Haven't tried any new features yet.

CrashGordon    467

Got the update the other day, no issues noticed so far and it fixed my Logitech webcam software that the AU broke. :rofl:

prestonyuen    1,338

I had problem when I updated my desktop. It had something to do with my NVidia graphics. Apparently I didn't have the most up-to-date driver installed and it didn't like it. Once updated to Creators, I get either a black screen at login or the loading ring of dots keep spinning. I eventually had to pull my GTX770 ans use the on-board graphics and use the built-in Windows 10 reset to clear everything back to "default". Had to reinstall all my third party apps... My recommendation here is just to ensure all your updates are installed, including drivers, etc. that work with your hardware.

I didn't have any problems on my Surface Book though.

chconline    1,337

Updated on my desktop with no issues. I was running the latest NVIDIA drivers though (Y)

chconline    1,337

When is it supposed to be rolled out to everyone on Windows Update? I realized my regular machines not on WSUS can't be updated unless you do it manually.

+TL6MT    2,557

It's going to take several month/phases apparently.

aeroLai    1,337

Haha, I was too impatient for this update, because it introduced the night lighting mode. Was disappointed this only allows you to change for a certain time period, rather than making it always on (i.e. lower color temperature for day time and even lower color temp for night), so I'm still using F.lux.

Otherwise, everything is stable as expected. Game recording is pretty seamless in my short tries.

prestonyuen    1,338

When is it supposed to be rolled out to everyone on Windows Update? I realized my regular machines not on WSUS can't be updated unless you do it manually.

It's supposed to be released April 11th, but gradually rolled out to all PCs. I found that some of my laptops and PCs at home got it, but others didn't yet.

Other than the initial issues I had on one PC (graphics drivers), no issues reported :thumbsup:

Haha, I was too impatient for this update, because it introduced the night lighting mode. Was disappointed this only allows you to change for a certain time period, rather than making it always on (i.e. lower color temperature for day time and even lower color temp for night), so I'm still using F.lux.

Otherwise, everything is stable as expected. Game recording is pretty seamless in my short tries.

cant you just force lower the temperature by setting the default on your monitor?

chconline    1,337

cant you just force lower the temperature by setting the default on your monitor?

That would be out of calibration by default then. He can't edit APH photos :P

+TL6MT    2,557

Just saw the prompt on my PC today to check privacy settings for update - its coming on automatic updates.