Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
chconline

2017 iPhones (iPhone X, iPhone 8)

Recommended Posts

Haha it's a pretty good looking phone. Our work place also got our X in, and it's pretty nice to use. Not going to lie though, I'm okay with the top notch, but the bottom speaker/mic line being constantly on the screen does bother me a bit more than I think most people care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2017 at 9:12 AM, aeroLai said:

Haha it's a pretty good looking phone. Our work place also got our X in, and it's pretty nice to use. Not going to lie though, I'm okay with the top notch, but the bottom speaker/mic line being constantly on the screen does bother me a bit more than I think most people care.

Speaker/mic line? You mean the thing that indicates swipe to go home?

Anyway I'm quite impressed by the phone. Face ID works flawlessly and it's really fast. The camera quality is amazing and the phone is a significant performance upgrade compared to my iPhone 6.

Here's a shot next to my old 3G:

zMLB4Ow.jpg

 

Portrait mode is also great.

klNW5Xj.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh is that what it is? Haha that seems weird, but I guess it's an iOS thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you take one photo with a DSLR and one with your iPhone? if so those look remarkably similar in many ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, TL6MT said:

Did you take one photo with a DSLR and one with your iPhone? if so those look remarkably similar in many ways.

if you look at the 2nd photo theres some rendering errors around the edge of the box so looks like a iPhone portrait photo

impressive quality anyway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I did take the first photo with my dSLR. That pic isn't bad. There are real rendering errors at times.

O6oMKHF.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 11:14 AM, performance_1 said:

if you look at the 2nd photo theres some rendering errors around the edge of the box so looks like a iPhone portrait photo

impressive quality anyway

Didn't notice that at first glance and only saw it when you pointed it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2017 at 9:06 AM, Big Bang said:

Nice Phone - Thinking of picking one up Myself. Apple has won me over.

It's a great phone (Y) iOS 11 is still a bit buggy with random frame drops though. At least Parked Car works now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 12:22 PM, chconline said:

Yep I did take the first photo with my dSLR. That pic isn't bad. There are real rendering errors at times.

O6oMKHF.jpg

wow that's a big rendering error

interesting picture to show the bug!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like there is a very good supply of iPhones right now. Ships in 5 business days from the Apple online store and looks like a lot of people are reporting they can just buy one from Apple retail stores. No more flipping :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×