Sign in to follow this  
chconline

iPhone 8

chconline    1,337

Looks like there's about 2 more months till its release. I'm sure you guys have heard all the rumors. It keeps resonating between having a fingerprint reader at the back, having it in the screen, to having none at all due to the fact they couldn't figure out how to do it well. Now, speculation on the street is that it uses 3D facial recognition with no fingerprint reading at all. What do you guys think?

aeroLai    1,337

Who cares? XD just kidding.

In all seriousness though, I think having a fingerprint reader in the screen would be really cool, and I hope they do it. I think the iPhone bezel is pretty big, especially on the chin and forehead. Would I be surprised if they did a 21:9 aspect ratio phone? Not really. Furthermore, I think facial recognition is pretty meh. Unless they can really increase either the speed of it or improve something drastically, I think it would be the weirdest for people to fully extend their phone in front of them to capture your face...

chconline    1,337

Every rumor on the street right now suggests it's going to be edge to edge. If Apple can do 3D facial recognition at different angles quickly, I think that'll be pretty solid. During the summer, especially when it's hot and humid inside, my fingers tend to get sweaty and my fingerprint reader will stop working. Same goes when I just got out of the shower and need to quickly reply to those Snapchats :P

+TL6MT    2,557

Especially if you use it on your desk facial recognition is a problem. Every news article says Apple is in panic mode.

chconline    1,337

Seems like it. And if they're having all these issues that won't make it to the final product, will the final product be worth $1000?

aeroLai    1,337

Haha I'm expecting delays / 7s coming out as a side-grade like next generation, with most of these changes happening next generation.

chconline    1,337

Yep, looks like everyone is speculating on a delay. I'll slip my pre-order in ASAP. $1000 USD though :|

aeroLai    1,337

Lol in other news, there are rumors about the next iPhone SE. Even though I am used to larger screens, I actually really like the form factor of the iPhone 5/SE. Really easy to hold in the hands and things.

As for the iPhone 8, I'm thinking 1K for pricing.

+TL6MT    2,557

What are they going to call the next iPhone SE? iPhone SE2?

chconline    1,337

Doubt it haha. The only surprise may be the reality of the fingerprint reader.

+TL6MT    2,557
On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 11:34 AM, chconline said:

Doubt it haha. The only surprise may be the reality of the fingerprint reader.

Yep the design is pretty much confirmed and it's what we already know/expect/.