Sign in to follow this  
chconline

AmazonBasics Tripod

I don't use a tripod much, but I do have one kicking around for the occasional pic that needs to be taken. Unfortunately, the one I had was an old Optex (read: POS) that had one leg broken since 2006. I taped it back together, and although it cannot retract, I didn't really care.

Anyway, recently I decided to finally replace the broken tripod. Since I don't use tripods much, if at all, I decided to just buy a cheap one. Looking on Amazon, I found the AmazonBasics tripod and decided to give it a shot. It was about $35 CAD.

vp7mCUQ.jpg

fInHqBJ.jpg

Overall, I found it reasonably sturdy. It's far from the best I've seen, and it's kind of heavy. That said, it does come with bubble levelers and whatever for you to nail a good shot... if it's in broad daylight. This does not have the stability for long night shots. Either way, for $35, it's probably the best tripod you can get for the price.

Oooh nice. I looked at getting this tripod but I ultimately decided not to. I need one that's a bit sturdier for longer exposure shots.

What did you end up getting?

I guess you could use the lower hook and throw on a backpack as dead weight for increased stability though, lol.

On 9/16/2017 at 3:29 PM, performance_1 said:

for a casual photographer this is a very good tripod, ive done long shots (8 seconds) on a not windy day with this and the shots turn out really nice

It's much better than my broken old tripod, that's for sure.

On 16/09/2017 at 3:29 PM, performance_1 said:

for a casual photographer this is a very good tripod, ive done long shots (8 seconds) on a not windy day with this and the shots turn out really nice

Thanks for your input :) 

I just find it funny to trust a $2K camera and lens on a $35 tripod haha.

What camera does performance_1 have?

I don't mind trusting my $2K camera with it though, I almost never use it anyway.