Sign in to follow this  
TR1

About your review of Silvestone RVZ03

aeroLai    1,337

Hey TR1!

The SFX power supply I'm using (the SilverStone ST45SF V3.0) comes with an SFX to ATX adapter. I will update the review to make it clearer. 

However for your situation, I think I would look at getting something like the SilverStone PP08, something I took a look at here: http://aphnetworks.com/reports/silverstone-sx700-lpt-700w-pp08/4

Hope you're enjoying the case otherwise :) 

+TL6MT    2,557

Yep Aaron used a bracket - but a regular PSU is probably better and cheap for more performance. What do you do with the install?

Edited by TL6MT

TR1    0

eheh thanks for the replies xD. Why they made an itx case without sfx compatibility is beyond me... :(

Unfortunately I wont be able to return the PSU (a corsair sf600) so I guess Ill have to go for the Milo 08.

Btw since an sfx PSU is much smaller than a standard atx do you have problems with the exhaust? Since it cant reach the back of the case I mean.

TY!

chconline    1,337

A smaller PSU should be better for exhaust. More room in the area :)

You can just buy a PSU bracket so you don't need to return the case. The bracket should be $10-20 at most.

TR1    0

Yea it should but since it is smaller it either wont reach the vent on the back (so with exaust inside) or the vent for the intake in the middle. Idk if you get what I mean.

chconline    1,337

Not really :P The size of the PSU has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the ventilation. If anything, the smaller the PSU, the better the ventilation due to reduced congestion.

The bracket allows the PSU to be mounted right at the back of the case. It just converts an ATX opening to an SFX opening with the mounting holes.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999361

TR1    0
2 hours ago, chconline said:

Not really :P The size of the PSU has nothing to do with the effectiveness of the ventilation. If anything, the smaller the PSU, the better the ventilation due to reduced congestion.

The bracket allows the PSU to be mounted right at the back of the case. It just converts an ATX opening to an SFX opening with the mounting holes.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999361

TY for the link.

What I meant was, look at the picture here: 008.jpg

Do you see the opening in the psu area? The SFX PSU reaches that only partially(maybe 30% while it should be completely over that opening), and I was wondering how big of an issue it can be for temps due to the low intake.

chconline    1,337

Ahh I see what you're saying now. The PSU is mounted near the top of the bracket, so there's tons of room between the panel and the PSU. The location of the vent and the PSU offset will have no effect on performance.