Sign in to follow this  
aeroLai

TP-Link Deco M5 by Aaron Lai

I was surprised to find out how small they were. I thought they were the size of a dinner plate. As it turned out, it was the size of a smoke detector. Performance was also surprisingly good :o

Yep after last week's testing, its performance is not actually that bad. 

You could. I'd personally just tap the line though. You still need a smoke detector :P

Yep, it was tested based on the positioning of the laptop with relation to the router.

Thanks for the review Aaron - how much difference did it make for the angle of the antenna?

7 hours ago, TL6MT said:

Thanks for the review Aaron - how much difference did it make for the angle of the antenna?

Pretty big difference actually. After some preliminary testing, the difference was about three to four times in both upload and download speeds.

Great review (Y)

Yeah, I'm surprised how directional the system is. I haven't seen it with other routers yet.

Nice Review - looks like for a Fraction of the price of the Linksys this is pretty good Performing. Ceiling mount should be Easier too.

Thanks guys!

And yeah I think mounting these bad boys anywhere should be easier compared to the Velop

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, aeroLai said:

Pretty big difference actually. After some preliminary testing, the difference was about three to four times in both upload and download speeds.

**** that's a lot of difference.