chconline

Post your ISP/Plan/Speed/Price

Are you on Shaw high speed or shaw extreme? Mine cant get past 2000 kb/s and its a 5mb/s connection :woot: I disabled the firewall and it went a little faster though...

Maybe I should try it at another time instead of 7:30 when everyones online. I'll get my speed when I get home, my friends ADSL sucks lol

Are you on Shaw high speed or shaw extreme? Mine cant get past 2000 kb/s and its a 5mb/s connection :woot: I disabled the firewall and it went a little faster though...

Maybe I should try it at another time instead of 7:30 when everyones online. I'll get my speed when I get home, my friends ADSL sucks lol

19771[/snapback]

I don't know if I'm using extreme :/ And at the time the signal was 'Low'.

• Like 1

Dude these are the kind of upload we want. The DL speed, it just kept dropping from 5mbps as more kids logged on (Tried it first thing in the morning)

14xg.jpg

Yes its about right. its 'advertised' about 5-6 times faster than dial up (assuming its at 28.8) get it?

Why? We are all using asynchronous internet services, (eg. ADSL, the 'a' is asynchronous) which means that the download speed is not syncronous with the upload speed. If you want same upload + download, then you got to get those business internet stuff like schools, you get the same upload and download. You think they will really give you 3mbps up on a 3mbps connection? Yes of course, for extra money. any 'normal' home internet has good dl but crap upload.

Btw another shot of Telus ADSL.

telusadsl2hz.jpg