chconline

Post your ISP/Plan/Speed/Price

I didn't know you got a Asus router - seems strange a router cannot handle the traffic.

The processor is too slow apparently. I got the ASUS router back in 2014.

I got a Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream Wireless AC5400 Tri-Band Router quite a while ago, which ran me some big $$$ when it first came out. I wanted to ensure I had one of the best in the market for my "home" use, hence the purchase decision. Just today, I got Shaw here in Canada to up my plan to 150 Mbps down 15 Mbps up. My old plan was 30Mbps down 5 Mbps up. Here's the results.

6608784338.png

Looks like I'm getting better than expected results, but that's a wired connection through a switch to the router from my desktop using standard CAT5e network cabling, and it's only one device. I should also mention Shaw had provided me with one of their "advanced" routers, so technically, I'm getting internet through 2 routers and a switch.

Is everyone at APH on the 150mbps plan in Canada? Still its interesting how all your plans have horrible upload.

18 hours ago, TL6MT said:

Is everyone at APH on the 150mbps plan in Canada? Still its interesting how all your plans have horrible upload.

Not sure if everyone on the APH team is on it. I'm no longer part of the staff though...

Sounds like it's some sort of marketing scheme that's going on for upload speeds. Kinda disappointed in the providers, at least for the home service. Didn't have this problem when I'm working with clients/businesses/companies when doing my own IT consulting (at least, not as low as 15 Mbps down comparatively to business/enterprise plans).

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 11:14 PM, TL6MT said:

its a very popular plan in Canada, shaw tries to put everyone on it

Yep, Shaw tries to put everyone on it. They've probably figured you can't really use 150mbps most of the time anyway.