Sign in to follow this  
TL6MT

WRT3200ACM problems

I noticed lately my WRT3200ACM's 5GHz radio keeps disappearing. Tried a hard reset and it comes back but disappears after a few hours, anyone have the same problem?

The new 1.0.6.184351 firmware update seems to be really buggy. Read this thread: http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-1-0-6-184351-Firmware-and-Wireless-Lockups-5ghz-radio/td-p/1237411

I tried reverting the firmware, but it didn't do much. As such, I just flashed it to DD-WRT and called it a day. Everything works perfectly with DD-WRT :lol:

I'm concerned with flashing to DD-WRT with the 2 partitions and I'm confused about how to do it without overwriting both sides of the partition. Will it be a problem in future firmware? Also will you lose out on WIFI speed?

There are some commands you can run to flash from DD-WRT that will not overwrite your stock partition. Wi-Fi speed looks solid to me. I'm not seeing any performance loss.

Open source! Haha it does seem weird though... you'd think there would be a bit more QA-ing with manufacturer firmware.

Then again open source does mean everyone using it is in essence a QA haha.

Read the guide and I guess I shouldn't worry on the first flash. Everything looks rock solid for the last few days.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, chconline said:

The new 1.0.6.184351 firmware update seems to be really buggy. Read this thread: http://community.linksys.com/t5/Wireless-Routers/WRT3200ACM-1-0-6-184351-Firmware-and-Wireless-Lockups-5ghz-radio/td-p/1237411

I tried reverting the firmware, but it didn't do much. As such, I just flashed it to DD-WRT and called it a day. Everything works perfectly with DD-WRT :lol:

I just rolled back the f/w

time to try ddwrt?