G.SKILL Phoenix EVO 115GB Review (Page 7 of 9)
Page 7 - Benchmark: HD Tune Pro 4.60
About HDTune Pro 4.60
HD Tune is a hard disk utility with many functions. It can be used to measure the drive's performance, scan for errors, check the health status (S.M.A.R.T.), securely erase all data and much more.
From: Developer's Page
Unfortunately, HDTune does not generate any fancy independent graph outputs in particular, so I had to edit my screenshot out a bit to make it look better for publishing in a review. Again, like our HDTach results on the previous page, the line is nice and flat as before. It differs slightly in magnitude than the other program -- probably due to testing algorithms used -- but its performance characteristics are identical in practice. Other than that, the performance is very commendable across the range; and the recorded access time is virtually nil. If you ever wondered why SSDs are so much preferable than having a bunch of hard drives in RAID 0, other than for the purpose of reliability, this is the reason why.
1. Introduction and Specifications
2. A Closer Look, Installation, Test System
3. Benchmark: ATTO Disk Benchmark
4. Benchmark: Crystal Disk Mark 3.0
5. Benchmark: AIDA64 Disk Benchmark
6. Benchmark: HDTach 22.214.171.124
7. Benchmark: HDTune Pro 4.60
8. Benchmark: PassMark PerformanceTest 7.0
9. Benchmark: PCMark Vantage, Conclusion