Sign in to follow this  
Lazih3nri

Do you download music?

I was just downloading limewire.. and was just wondering. Do you download your music? :ermm:

I know there's a bunch of court cases going on about this issue.. but has it gotten to the point where people could sue my butt off for download this music? :whatever::P:blink:

Yeah. But but theres all bunch of people d/l music, and the music industery knows about this. Thats why they're trying to shut down p2p networks by taking them to court, and ordering them to shut down, and so far its far from being completed.

As obvious as it may seem, you don't read the news much and you don't know anything about RIAA.

So? I still know what I'm talking about and you even said yourself "As obvious as it may seem" so you know what I'm talking about.

Edited by ajschwab2004

Whether they're legal or not, free music/files started the piracy conflict and caused CD burning, or even moving of files (on SonicStage) to be restricted. No, I don't download music, its for cheap people.

Exactly. If [the music publishers] banned all free music and went back to buying CD's and burning them, the world would be a whole lot easier. But now with the dap revolution, I don't see it possible :whatever:

What? People should just start ripping their own music and stop uploading them online.

Anyway, here in Canada I think you're off the hook. But you still have to avoid all those viruses and spyware in disguise (which are pretty easily avoidable). And then there's that Overpeer thing. And then there's the problem with your guilty conscience (which is a good song by eminem, download/buy it).

The thing is, I was talking to a group of [ipod fans] in my Sports Med class.

ipod boi 1 (pointing at my nw-hd1): whoa you have lots of songs in ur ipod

me (to the audience): *sigh this isn't an ipod*

me: yeah, I have 50% of Bach's works and 40% of Vivaldi's works and some Handel, Telemann works.

ipod boi 2: where do you d/l all ur music from?

me: I don't d/l music! I go to the store to buy the CDs.

ipod boi 1: why don't you just d/l off napster or something its free!

ipod boi 3: yeah man, and you can d/l them faster then ripping CDs

me: I'm AGAINST free downloads, they caused inflation in the piracy market.

ipod boi 2: so who cares, why would anybody spend a buck on CDs?

me: because I get CD quality, I don't like cheap 128 kbps free audio files

ipod boi 1: lol w/e go waste ur money

Too bad you were outnumbered, or you could've really handled them. Actually, I only download my underground tracks when I can't find them on the legitimate sites =)

Too bad you were outnumbered, or you could've really handled them. Actually, I only download my underground tracks when I can't find them on the legitimate sites =)

:mad: :whatever:

whyh would u waste 20 bucks with tax, (im guessing) an a cd that has 17 songs, when u can just dl it. its free. NO MONEY

ipod boi 1: why don't you just d/l off napster or something its free!

Napster isn't free. Its a perfectly legitimate online music store.

ipod boi 3: yeah man, and you can d/l them faster then ripping CDs

yeah because they get it at 48 kbps MP3 files with a Pentium II, no duh its faster. Lets see them get some FLAC files, then thats another issue :P

me: because I get CD quality, I don't like cheap 128 kbps free audio files

128kbps isnt 'cheap'. In terms of WMA or OGG Vorbis, anything above 128k does not make a sig diff for portable uses (Do some research). Because on 192kbps WMA its already almost 100% CD quality -- and as a common rule of P2P users, "Smaller files the better" -- says anonymous noob -- therefore if there is a song at 1mb at 48k and one at 192k @ 4mb, chances are that they are going to get the 1mb song. And who cares? Its like its really going to make a difference on their ipods with stock earbuds :whatever:

And who cares? Its like its really going to make a difference on their ipods with stock earbuds :whatever:

Who knows maybe they rip it onto CD's.

I don't bother to download much songs usually unless it's something live :P no P2P for me cuz of all the malware/virus out there :whatever:

I don't bother to download much songs usually unless it's something live :D no P2P for me cuz of all the malware/virus out there :blink:

Exactly, P2P restricting should actually be enforced, and DRM should be abolished.

Napster isn't free. Its a perfectly legitimate online music store.

Yeah well Napster used to be an illegal P2P thingy and then Metallica sued their asses off for letting ppl dl music for free. it was a kool thing that they did that but at the same time that alienated a lot of their fans, not me tho :blink: