Sign in to follow this  
Herbicious

OS X on PC?

Theoretically yes. But in reality, no one has done that. You can run Windows XP on the latest mac tho.

Because their software does not allow so. I am not going to go into the technical details, but that's how it is.

Even if it can run, drivers will be an issue espeically for chipsets, and if everyone works, no ones going to buy mac hardware, etc

Theoretically yes. But in reality, no one has done that. You can run Windows XP on the latest mac tho.

That "I OWN AJ" dude installed mac on his windows xp based computer but he said its very hard to crack mac os and stuff.

Yeah, I am sure he did. It's far too complex beyond "just any guy" or even a better than average programmer. It takes real pro ages to do that, so if he has done it, it has probably been big news around the net./

Apparently you can't understand, and there's nothing to believe in what you believe what the guy said.

OK w/e don't believe then. ;) You guys never believe anything I say anyway. Why I post here I have no idea! :D

Apparently you can't understand, and there's nothing to believe in what you believe what the guy said.

This is true though!

But If OSX was cracked y would anyone get a mac?!

Thats an emulator for PowerPC based Mac OS X, not running it native on X86 archetechture. Its different things.

I think I read an article about someone hacking OS X and putting it up as a torrent or something. They actually got it running on Windows!

I believe u can emulate as already stated, tho I have nothing on me right now to prove u can/can't

going back tho, if u want to actually boot OS X, I believe Apple has something in their chipsets that allows them to boot into OS X, while PCs do not have this in their chipsets (I forget the exact name tho). Vista was going to do this too I heard, ie not allowing Windows to boot natively on a Mac, tho I could be wrong

Apple wants more control over their hardware (Theres a reason why their hardware is so much more expensive than comparable PCs) since theres no competition that runs their OS. Also, less hardware, less hardware to code for in their OS, less compatibility, easier coding, more guaranteed compatibility, stable. Kind of like an PS2. All it runs is whats designed for PS2 itself inside, nothing else. You cant upgrade the graphics on it, etc etc

btw I think that code thing I was speaking of may not be in the chipset, but the bios itself, I forget, but it is somewhere on the hardware level of things.

Yes Apple is proprietory, u buy their stuff, they expect u to live and die with them. I was surprised Boot Camp came out, but I think another major issue that would arise is those who would use PCs with Mac OS X and Apple will end up having to support them also - tbh most noobie Mac users seem to be more advanced than noobie PC users ;) lol

Hey -- they will be selling more PCs. I just find it ironic in their Get a Mac ads:

Why buy a mac? Because it can run Windows!

I got a great idea-e!

MS and Apple should merge into MicroApples, and Apple is the portable audio department and MS is the hardware department!

Once they merge, they should also buy out Creative, and implement X-Fi as a standard sound device to all gen 7 iPods, run Windows on all portable audio, adapt unique OS X features to Vista, use iTunes as the default media player, and completely rebrand the Zen line-up to MicroApples!

That would be sooooo awesome.