Sign in to follow this  
HopkinsProgramming

Is your antivirus on?

Antivirus Software  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's cool... and harmless! :woot:

It's a simple test virus, known as the "EICAR virus test". It can't hurt your pc, and its a fun way to see if your antivirus is awake and/or paying attention.

Read the full article at Lifehacker.

So far...

- On my pc, NOD32 notified me immeditaley as I saved the file on my pc. It's kinda like CTRL+S in notepad was automagically linked to the AV... (Y)

- GMail would not let me email the file, as a .com, .txt, or even in a .zip. Pretty smart. :woot:

- On my family's pc, NAV06 caught it about 8 seconds after I saved the file. Despite complaining that it couldn't delete the file, it actually did. (Y)

How does your AV hold up?

Hrmm... As I type this, I am curious as to what different AV programs everyone uses, so I'll add a poll too!

Please state what you use on your personal pc (eg, not your work computer or the computer in the internet café).

:woot:

Edited by HopkinsProgramming

Just ran thru a bunch of hacking tests and stuff, and all pass.

Guess what I use? NORTON INTERNET SECURITY 2004. Suckers!!

I don't use AV

I installed NAV 2000 years ago and it started to studder my games and have not installed AV since then

I've used online scanners a few times (specifically Panda)

Good ol' Nod32 destroyed that little guy :P

I've been using Nod32 for quite a few years now and it hasn't let me down, pretty much caught every little evil guys trying to come in my PC. It even protects me from some spyware and adware to some extent (Y)

AntiVir looks decent, especially it's free and it's new GUI is funky. I might try it next time when my subscription ends!

Wow! Awesome!

It sounds like MOST of us are smart enough to have antivirus (or threatened thereof :P :P )

Cool!

Or that fact that I'm smart enough to not d/l malicious files and turn up my firewall when I'm idling :whistle: