Sign in to follow this  
darkorb

virus found

trojan Win32/Cakl.A found in operating memory. System memory infection originated from file C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntswrl32.dll.

thats what it says in myu antivirus. what do i do!!! it keeps poopping up whenever i click delete/rename/quarantine!!

Haha sucker, got a low infection not in the wild backdoor trojan, serves you right for happy pirating ;)

Btw its a keylogger as well. Gets password from your MSN, FF, etc

Anyway the what antivirus? Try using some online scanner. eg. Trend Micro

wow man this is serious man, i dontwana losee all my aphnetworks.coming files. i have nod32, i got it from hopkins, but when i click deltee/quarantine, it just pops back up

Wow, that looks pretty scary ;) Actually, I'd like to know the answer for the virus too.

Edited by Herbicious

^^ The reason I use a Macintosh.

That's his choice, nothing about OSes here. :(

Wow, that looks pretty scary ;) Actually, I'd like to know the answer for the virus too.

Try an online scan? Nod32 should work though... try killing the process first then.

Uh-oh. Doesn't your antivirus show the location of the trojan? So couldn't you just manually go there and delete it? Or is that not how a trojan works..?

Trojans usually use Rootkits to mask themselves from the operating system. Sometimes at a kernel level making it impossible to locate the source files manually.

Edited by WinMacLin

Oh, thats pretty scary. How would actually get rid of one, would you have to format your whole hard drive (or partition)?

You would need a removal tool or direct instructions to manually remove it.

Usually a manual removal of such malicious software would require digging through your registry and removing and editing entries and even some command prompt changes to weed the file out.

All Antivirus and Anti-spyware can do this for you but they need a Definition to remove a Rootkit while they can usually remove a Virus or Worm simply by using A.I.

From reading this, I don't think his specific Trojan is using any kind of Rootkit technology. Only the best Trojans use Rootkits. His Trojan just seems to be obscure.

Haha sucker, got a low infection not in the wild backdoor trojan, serves you right for happy pirating ;)

Btw its a keylogger as well. Gets password from your MSN, FF, etc

Anyway the what antivirus? Try using some online scanner. eg. Trend Micro

I'm no expert but thats not a way you should treat a client of your website, and a frequent poster to APH. Imagine APH was your store and a client (darkorb) came up and said that he had a virus, would you say haha sucker? No, youd try to help him. Just trying to make a point that, thats not very professional.

Wow lots of users are reading this.

Back on track: so an obscure trojan can be manually deleted, or at least easier to delete? And when you dig through your registry, how do you know which files to delete? ;)

Wow lots of users are reading this.

Back on track: so an obscure trojan can be manually deleted, or at least easier to delete? And when you dig through your registry, how do you know which files to delete? ;)

no an obscure Trojan is just that, obscure - Makes it harder to detect because hardly anyone knows about it.

An antivirus finds it very difficult to protect against something it has never encounted before. Which is why it needs a Definition file full of Signatures to properly detect and remove malicious software

Manually removing something you know nothing about due to its obscurity is a hit and miss.

Edited by WinMacLin

alright guys, i used the HP system recovery. took everything back to default settings like when i got the computer, but all my stuff got backed up. thx for the help

uh, i recovered all my documents and stuff, virus wwasnt located there, it was located in the windows/system files, and that stuff got replaced, and my anti-virus hasnt detected it. so i think im ok?

Don't worry, if the virus is still there, all it will do is steal all your information through keylogging technology and maybe steal screenshots of your screen. xD

IMO, I think it's gone. After all, your AV hasn't detected it yet.

common man be serious, i have more than 80gb of important info that i need, and i dont wana lose it

You should get a Maxtor 1 touch backup external drive. you just click the button on the external drive enclosure and boom everything is backed up, no fuss no hassle.