Sign in to follow this  
ty8131990

Questions on Faith

I looked for the so-called "Faith forums" where they go "Pope who?" "Church of England shall prevail" "Homosexuality = bad" (notice the exaggeration), so I thought to start a thread here.

If God is based on faith, why are there miracle ministries? So many "miracles" where people in wheelchairs all of the sudden stand up are televised! Only "medically" impossible miracles are revealed, but what about materialistic-wise? A miracle worker creating an entire feast, or manipulating water into wine, even make the miracle pill! Why were there so many more "miracles" a millenia ago?

Why is Moses not called "St. Moses"? Do saints have a better position in the hierarchy of the Kingdom of God? If not what motives are there to do more than have faith in God and to sacrifice so much of your life to be "sainted"?

What is the fate of the peoples who've never heard of "Jesus" before? They're not guilty of the original sin, yet they don't have the knowledge of "faith", would they be able to go to heaven? Is that why there are missionaries in Africa? To save them from eternal damnation?

Does it say anywhere in the New Testament that Satan will come down to earth in the form of John Paul II after Benedict XVI? I read it off some site quoting and substantiating it from various gospels, and I'm hoping it's just a joke site <.<

What justifies a crime before confession? Does the sinner recieve any punishment even if he's not guilty of sacrilege? A confession and complete faith is his ticket to heaven?

The punishment for sin is death. That's why all people die at some point in their life because they are born into sin.

I looked for the so-called "Faith forums" where they go "Pope who?" "Church of England shall prevail" "Homosexuality = bad" (notice the exaggeration), so I thought to start a thread here.

If God is based on faith, why are there miracle ministries? So many "miracles" where people in wheelchairs all of the sudden stand up are televised! Only "medically" impossible miracles are revealed, but what about materialistic-wise? A miracle worker creating an entire feast, or manipulating water into wine, even make the miracle pill! Why were there so many more "miracles" a millenia ago?

Why is Moses not called "St. Moses"? Do saints have a better position in the hierarchy of the Kingdom of God? If not what motives are there to do more than have faith in God and to sacrifice so much of your life to be "sainted"?

What is the fate of the peoples who've never heard of "Jesus" before? They're not guilty of the original sin, yet they don't have the knowledge of "faith", would they be able to go to heaven? Is that why there are missionaries in Africa? To save them from eternal damnation?

Does it say anywhere in the New Testament that Satan will come down to earth in the form of John Paul II after Benedict XVI? I read it off some site quoting and substantiating it from various gospels, and I'm hoping it's just a joke site <.<

What justifies a crime before confession? Does the sinner recieve any punishment even if he's not guilty of sacrilege? A confession and complete faith is his ticket to heaven?

Moses is called Moses cuz his mother named him that. Also, about this Pope about Satan coming down to earth? In the bible KJV it does say that Satan will use other Saints and Prophets who come in the name of God to deceive people. Therefore you can't believe everything what other christians tell you about God.

Moses is called Moses cuz his mother named him that. Also, about this Pope about Satan coming down to earth? In the bible KJV it does say that Satan will use other Saints and Prophets who come in the name of God to deceive people. Therefore you can't believe everything what other christians tell you about God.

Don't beleive it if it ain't in the bible. If it is, no matter how bizzare it sounds.. its true.

Yeah, also Saints is what Catholics like to call the people (Eg. St John etc etc) Otherwise there's no 'Saints', because the concept is not there. John is John, Peter is Peter, Moses is Moses, theres no "Saints".

Also, the point of a miracle is to strengthen faith. Therefore, since there were little knowledge about God or Jesus back then, there needs to be some signs to signify to the people. Nowadays this is not necessary and we don't perform miracles because its cool. It's not Counter-Strike where you can respawn someone, its because in the real world it is not necessary.

No one is perfect and everyone is born to sin. But theologically (Not theoretically, its not the same thing :D ), if babies were born and died before they had the ability to sin, they will be saved.

And your last thing about God coming down after blah blah, yes it's a joke site. Because no one, even in the spiritual world knows about when God will return -- but there are signs that will come before the return (Revelations). Otherwise no, anything telling you when God returns is false, because the Bible does not say when God/Jesus will return, but specified that anyone claiming to know is spreading false information. lol joke sites :P

In general, read the Bible, that would clear up your misconceptions from internet "sources".

@Aj: This is not a religious debate, it is an educated discussion. Therefore, no bashing is encouraged, and in fact will be deleted and user warned. Stick with the original topic :no:

He said this way before he was crucified.

"What they do to me; They'll do the same to you" so what Jesus went through before being crucified us 'Christians' will go through the same. I might be a christian but I'm in no way related to any religion faith cuz I don't care for religion.

No, it symbolically represents persecution like Alex says, up to a degree. Early Apostles were persecuted to death though, but probably not in modern times (To a physical degree).

Being a born-again Christian and a tagged/named/cultural Christian is not the same thing.

A Christian is someone who follows Christ and abides to his commandments/rules. Being a Christian is based on ones free will. You don't have to stay a Christian once you become, God lets you do what you want. Satan on the other hand, traps you in sin.. if its addictive and you cannot stop it when you want to.. its a sin.

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

Not necessarily. It's not a matter of abiding by a set of strict rules and making your life miserable.

It's to live the ways of God. Rules may be part of it, but following the rules and living it out is NOT the same thing. The Holy Spirit is in us for a reason, and yes born again Christians has it :no:

Not necessarily. It's not a matter of abiding by a set of strict rules and making your life miserable.

It's to live the ways of God. Rules may be part of it, but following the rules and living it out is NOT the same thing. The Holy Spirit is in us for a reason, and yes born again Christians has it :no:

That's what I meant. An; I never said born agains didn't have it. Cuz we do.

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

Doing well, guys.

Also, just to point out; some of those medical "miracles" you see on TV these days could be really easily faked. Honestly, if those guys were so good at miracles, wouldn't it be a better cause if they helped out at the hospital sometimes to cure people?

The Bible states that Jesus will come once every single soul on this world has heard about him. I guess this gives everyone a fair chance, right? So you're right about that eternal damnation thing.

Yeah, but the thing is, how will have every soul heard about Jesus? Through governments saying he's false and nothing but a dead guy? Or our savior Son of God who is alive?

And in Vancouver theres a healing rooms thing and its huge and people go there to get healed, someone from my church got healed of breast cancer!

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

Yeah, but the thing is, how will have every soul heard about Jesus? Through governments saying he's false and nothing but a dead guy? Or our savior Son of God who is alive?

And in Vancouver theres a healing rooms thing and its huge and people go there to get healed, someone from my church got healed of breast cancer!

Sigh. Thats kinda sad, because miracles can be faked by Satan. Easily. Thats how the Antichrist gains position.

True enough, but miracles can be performed by God too. (Obviously) But this is a Christian healing place where they heal you through prayer, I doubt prayer is answered by satan.

Interaction with the spiritual world in the wrong direction can bring upon undesired effects.

So when you pray, Satan can hear you ??

So in the theological world of Christianity, all feracies, Muslims and Buddhists are damned for "thou shalt not have any gods before me", and every Christian who works on Sunday, Easter, Good Friday, Epiphany and Christmas are damned too? Every christian who believes in doctrines other than the Church of England are damned??

I just don't see what's the incentive for one to not do any crime. In a perfect Christian world where one was raised to believe Jesus and science were synonymous, he can theologically massacre a 100 people, and confess and have faith in Christ before he goes to the chair, to be saved from damnation?

Edited by ty8131990

No, but the intention, approach and way is not the 'proper' way. The idea of utilizing the Holy Spirit for speaking with tongues, healing in a miraculous way etc or otherwise a "Gift of God" in the modern times is often disputed by in which if they are truly from the Holy Spirit or what not.

Paul and the apostles has done such things after the ascension of Christ, but those were times when the Bible were not fully complete as of today since the New Testament were not fully written yet. But as of 2006, the Bible were completed for quite a while now and the purpose of miracles is to establish one's faith to a relatively unknown and unwritten New Testament in the Bible. Therefore, it is not required nowadays to establish a person's faith because the Bible is completed and the interaction between God and us is known.

No, because you are dealing with God in a guaranteed and direct way to put it in simple terms.

So in the theological world of Christianity, all feracies, Muslims and Buddhists are damned for "thou shalt not have any gods before me", and every Christian who works on Sunday, Easter, Good Friday, Epiphany and Christmas are damned too? Every christian who believes in doctrines other than the Church of England are damned??

No, Christianity is not a set of strict rules. It's about living the ways of God like I said earlier. So yeah, if you think it's OK to work on those days, go ahead. Living the ways of God is another thing, and if you feel forced to do so, then don't do it. It's not a set of strict rules.

I just don't see what's the incentive for one to not do any crime. In a perfect Christian world where one was raised to believe Jesus and science were synonymous, he can theologically massacre a 100 people, and confess and have faith in Christ before he goes to the chair, to be saved from damnation?

To face your own sins and repent is not the same thing as utilizing God in a way to forgive your own sins. Therefore, you must face judgement -- if you commited a crime, later became a Christian, it is not a way to escape your punishment of commited crime or sin, it is the ability from God to face what you done is wrong and to take on the judgement that the law system on Earth has made you do.

K, if someone massacred 100 people and confessed and had faithed and truly meant it, then yes. But that doesn't mean he wouldn't be punished. Becoming a Christian does not promise a good life. It promises righteousness and eternal life with God. Muslims and such are damned for the reason you stated yes. And that working thing you said, not true, read Jesus; parable about the sheep in the well. Plus every Christian who doesn't believe in the BIBLE not Church of England are damned. Satan can obviously hear you when you pray, but he isn't the one who answers your prayers.

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

Why was it so controversial to work on Sundays back then? What's the whole meaning of the Sabbath then, to have more faith and more gratitude for Moses on that particular day?

Why for Moses? He was just a servant of God. We don't worship St.'s or people that were used as God's workers. We worship God + Jesus. Actually the sabbath day is Saturday.

The Sabbath is the 7th day of rest, in the old testament. It is for God, not Moses.

You can be all radical and not work on Sundays at all and not even watch TV or read the newspaper, but if indeed you feel that God needs you to have Sunday to be reserved to go to Church, then you should go.

Church is beyond just any religious activity, it is a gathering with friends and to be happy together, just like how you would meet with your family and enjoy time spent together. God is our Father in heaven. It may not be a forced requirement to say "Good morning" to your dad or mom every morning, but why do you do so? Because you feel the need to in respect. What if you don't? Well then don't. It's not a set of strict rules, it's by living that life that matters. Same idea.

Plus spending 2 hours of your life in Church every week on Sunday is not anything to mess you over. You can do whatever you like after :no:

Yeah, but by doing whatever you like after church (by this I mean worldly things) means that even though you're a Christian, Jesus has no effect in your life and you leave unchanged. Church actually means a gathering of people.

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3