Sign in to follow this  
ty8131990

Questions on Faith

I meant God, was thinking about Moses when I was typing it lol

Yeah, but by doing whatever you like after church (by this I mean worldly things) means that even though you're a Christian, Jesus has no effect in your life and you leave unchanged. Church actually means a gathering of people.

How so? By being a Christian, not only are you benefiting from the sermons they give at church, you would also be following the 10 commandments and have faith on God, which in turn saves you from the ultimate damnation. Quite a bargain actually.

It would be nice if every single person was Christian and to see Jesus descend to earth and be broadcasted world wide (the power of the IT age)

Yeah, but by doing whatever you like after church (by this I mean worldly things) means that even though you're a Christian, Jesus has no effect in your life and you leave unchanged. Church actually means a gathering of people.

Living by the rules and living the way of God is not the same thing! :no: Church is a gathering of people, but also to worship God as it suggests. "Worldly things" does that mean I cannot go to a Best Buy after Church? No. What would going to Best Buy have a negative effect on my Christian life? Absolutely - nothing.

By not doing work during Sundays is for rest, and to spend time with God and other people in Christ. Being a Born Again Christian is what that matters, doing what is necessary is one thing but in a cause-and-effect term, by following the 'rules' is the effect, not the cause. The cause is your relationship with God.

Faith is a contributing factor. The reason why most people works on Sunday is because they rely on themselves. They don't want to lose a job, or they don't have enough money. Primary reason? Yes.

If you are at the level where you have faith in God that even though you don't have to work on a Sunday to be sufficient in supporting your daily lives, then that is optimal and the intention. But if you can't, no one can force you to and it is an indication of your closeness with God still has room to grow for further faith.

Going to BestBuy is not what I meant by worldy things. I meant things like strip clubs and going to smoke weed after etc etc. You are totaly right, I just don't epress myself properly.

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

What's wrong with smoking weed (besides breaking the law)? It heightens your spirituality.

However though, did God give women breasts for people to look at? No. They're a nutritious supplement to your child's health, therefore utilizing them in any other way is considered... unethical?

What's wrong with smoking weed (besides breaking the law)? It heightens your spirituality.

However though, did God give women breasts for people to look at? No. They're a nutritious supplement to your child's health, therefore utilizing them in any other way is considered... unethical?

Wikipedia search weed, maybe you'll find something there. Weird that you should mention breasts, but ok. No, "utilizing them in any other way" :no: is not unethical. Just so long as the breasts you are utilizing are your spouse's. Because its adultery to even look at another person lustfuly. :D And it is God who made sexual attractions but these should only be shared with your husband/wife.

Edit: (AGAIN)

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for my language before, but please explain, how does marijuana heighten your spirituality?

Edited by Alex.Pwn4g3

When you're high, you're more vulnerable. See? Does it say in the bible that "thou shalt not harm thy body"?

You're body is a temple for the holy spirit (read in the bible) now is getting high a way to treat this temple that the holy spirit resides in huh? Weed, in no possible way, could heighten your spirituality.

But what if you were too dumb to know that weed harms your body? Just quote anything in the scripture that remotely implies "thou shalt not harm thy body"

So I'm I till all of you started dissing me that's I left APH till all this time., and othe personal life problems like depression, and suicudal anyway back o ntopic now. lol

We should close this topic. Ty keeps talking about miracles and won't shut up about them after all the explaining we did to him lol :P

Dude man, I understand the whole miracle concept. I never mentioned "miracle" after the first post.

Yeah, but he didn't like the answers we gave him 'cause he kept contradicting us.

I love your answers. I just don't have the time to go to church, so I'm just learning off my intelligent Christian peers at APH. It's good to know the "religious point of view" if you want to get on with this world.

Well, don't view Christianity as a set of rules as commonly misinterpreted or radical, because in this world... there are weird people, what they label themselves as does not indicate what they really are.

Hey wanna come to my church, even though you don't understand Cantonese :P

Well, don't view Christianity as a set of rules as commonly misinterpreted or radical, because in this world... there are weird people, what they label themselves as does not indicate what they really are.

Hey wanna come to my church, even though you don't understand Cantonese :P

Are you an Anglo-Saxon protestant? I kinda find the book of concord more interesting :P although there are some anti-semitism's in it :/

Bible = New Testament or the Holy Bible? Because from what I learned, catechism isn't in the same context as with other doctrines.

Btw I saw this "Gay marriage" thing on the news with a gay couple standing in front of the "St.John Church", and I'm pretty sure "St." refers to "catholicism" right? Didn't the pope bash "Gay marriage"?

Pope is Catholic. But yeah, in general, St XX is Catholic, but then in Lutheran terms there are St. XX Churches, although not Catholic nor do they have the whole Saints idea. That is because Martin Luther broke away from the Catholic Church a few centuries back to fix what was wrong in accordance to the Bible (Most Catholics have a Bible, but rarely dig through it). Catholics has more 'requirements' for salvation (Eg. Buying those stuff so you get forgiveness, believing in Mary etc) but in the Bible it says there are only one way to God -- and that is through Jesus, and Jesus only. That's just one example, and Martin Luther said (Quoting the Bible) justification by faith or something like that (Sorry forgot about that, in Chinese, 因信稱義).

But all in all, referring back to the Bible is the most important.

In Lutheran, salvation is by complete faith in God, I don't think you have to even confess??? Not too sure, I just started studies in the concord.

Whatever, Bach is Lutheran and Lutheran church music is awesome.

*Anyways*, I should get the Holy Bible from the Gideons, right.