Sign in to follow this  
ty8131990

Questions on Faith

Holy crap, is this a massive religion debate vs there is God or no God?

That's not the point of this thread. I am not even going to read through 2 pages of "good nights"... :D

Nope I'm gonna keep talking.

What's wrong with the murdering of stem cells? I'm pretty sure the bible states we're higher than animals, and human stem cells can become... an animal too! What injustification is there to taking of stem cells?

Okaayyy... I have the gospel of matthew in front of my face now I quoteth:

"Jesus the Messiah, the son of David, the son of Abraham"

But then again it says "His mother Mary had been betrothed to Joseph"...

Bible language is so hard to understand.

The basis is not one human being can take away the life of another, and using stem cells is essentially taking away the right of life for a future human. Also, the difference is that humans has spirit, and the animals theoretically don't (Although, not clearly and literally stated but often can be taken as)

In Human terms, Jesus is the son of David [Abraham... David .... Joseph -> Jesus] but Mary was not pregnant by human means but (Was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, but not through sexual intercourse therefore 'Son of God' on Earth) but did come from Davids like since God promised David to be king forever from his decendents, and Jesus is the continuation.

It's funny that Christians say thing like "you can believe whatever you want to believe we don't mind really" but then you try to pass laws that deny Stem cell research.

Who gives you the right to dictate what another person does with there embryo.

It's just Christians and other religious nuts trying to force there religion on people that don't need nor want it.

For one thing an Embryo doesn't even have a Brain when they begin taking tissue samples it doesn't have continuousness a heart or veins it's not different than the dust mites that inhabit your house.

Further more, your not Jesus so stop trying to save everyone and let us get a damn cure for people that need it. e.g. Cancer and Parkinson victims.

I've lost family members due to Cancer and if someone said to me they are against Stem Cell Research I might be obliged to smack them in the face.

The cure is faith. If you give into God he will save you from eternal damnation, and that's your only hope of a "better life" after your death.

Stem cell research ftw (Y)

Heh... I have been reading thruogh seven pgs. I think? B) But yer I am just like you Win Mac Lin, except chocoline answered ty831990's questions about Christianity really well, what I mean is that this thread is about answering the questions and not a debate where there is god or not. You just ran into this thread and start booing every one off and going off topic. Is not what we call trolling? Trolling is bad and I'm personally VERY surprised that the the admin have bore with you for so long :wacko: there are things I don't personally agree on in this topic but honestly thats not the point, and if I were in your shoes I would keep my hands clean on this topic and discuss the many great things of life :D like tech (Y)

say I dont like IPODs, you don't search for every topic that talks about how IPODs work and tell everyone to buy Cowon :blink: Oh yer I have 1, it's a truly excellent player, but that is not everyone's concern

Its forum etiquette and you have not been following so, I am quite surprised you did not understand such basic forum rules :o

Just my $0.02 :lol:

I find that quite offensive Big Bang. I broke no rules and I did not drive this off topic. They mentioned the Bible and it's teachings and I simply said I found it a very good book. Soon as I said I was an atheist I was shot down.

I'm not going to sit and read stuff like my life choice is wrong.

Like I said the Bible is to be taken with a Grain of salt. The pope is chosen by more than a Name I doubt they would let an evil person even the "devil" to become Pope.

And even if they did, what can he do? not much he doesn't have any real power, if he tried he would be killed or removed from the Pope position.

Pope is primarily in Catholicism. Nothing else.

Therefore, what he does, who he is, what he says, does not affect me in any way.