Sign in to follow this  
APH-Alex

Currency

We can have one big democracy and each individual country will vote for whoever and then a rep or a premier would go to like a meeting thing and they would count the votes and choose the guy who leads.. in a way. What I'm trying to say is, is that it should be all the way it is now, except there should be a gov't even more powerful to govern over the whole earth and everything else would be a sort of "sub-division of Earth" and that way we could all have one currency. 'Cause currency is what we're talking about, right?

No it will not be cooler. You know what's going to end up happening? It's like how Alberta make equality transfers to the eastern countries. Not that it's bad, but you get different interests clashing. Besides countries like Afghanistan or China would never agree to "World Government".

You can tell us your reasons on such opinions.

Democracy good: representation

Democracy bad: not fair representation? compulsory voting! oh wait compulsory not so democratic anymore

Communism good: control

Communism bad: Tiananmen Square

are such examples

What I was about to edit in my post was I never initially wanted "World Gov't." That was WinMacLin, I was just supporting that. All I was proposing was World Currency.

I can easily see that happening in the physical realm with a new type of universally accepted Credit Card

Earth, and all the countries we have now would be just states or provinces or whatever.

World gov't and world currency are two separate things ;)