Sign in to follow this  
chconline

A few interesting observations

** Disclaimer: These are purely my opinions only. Its not definitive and you do not have to agree on it :)

Interestingly, there are a few points I just came to observe in conjunction to an English literature project I am working on lately. Because usually studied literature has a large connection with reflection of real life as the writer likes to view and/or portray it through their eyes, how it reflects in reality is fairly interesting as it gives a secondary view to your primary view based on your ethnic or just common society background.

The first thing I want to mention is the usage of sarcasm. Depending on the person of interaction, sarcasm may be used to different levels or amounts. If you are not really close to someone, it may be used to a minimal amount in all seriousness. If you feel that the type of character can take more sarcasm, then depending on what kind of person you are, the usage levels will seem to adjust itself.

Over the internet, it is almost impossible to tell emotion despite that research shows majority of people believe they can. Through assistance of emoticons, it may allow more assistance in this area, but it is still limited therefore I won't go much over the utilization of sarcasm on the internet.

On the other hand, usage in daily life is very common. Even on the news or commonly used as a day of every day humor in normal conversations between people, it can easily be regarded as the norm.

Eg. OMMMGGG! My earbuds are SOOO much better than yours. It's gold plated, your's isn't! Yours sucks.

Or, "Man you see that guy? He has Nike shoes made from children in Africa. OMG!!! Child labor, what an arsehole!! I am going to sue him!"

Or, "Dude, I got an Asus P5W64-WS Professional, It totally OOOOWWWWNNZZZ this guys flimsy P5W-DH Deluxe. Like what the heck is that anyway?"

Notice that the sarcasm level is more or less the same.

On the other hand, it's interesting how different people will take it differently. Some people will laugh it off and forget about it the next day, as most things are said anyway. That occurs for majority of the people. However, depending on how the motive of the person is which cannot be understood through a third party, this can only be known or defined by the person who has the original motive.

Eg. Guy feels offended because his headphones are not gold plated.

Or, "Wow, this guy is such an arse, making a big deal that kids Nike shoes. I am going to tell that guy with the Nike shoes that that other person said about you."

Or, "I am going to phone the person with an P5W-DH Deluxe and tell him what the person said about your motherboard, gosh he was offensive."

This then brings it to the second point.

Thinking beneath the surface. In older literature, how portrayal of literally seeing or mentally seeing is done on a literal level (Ironically). This is displayed in common 'wise' characters who are blind but really sees beyond any person in the story who can physically see. For example, in Greek play 'Oedipus the King', Oedipus is the one that sees, but Teiresias, the blind prophet, knows who is the real killer.

The way to process information beyond the appearance of information and to distinguish between real and false information is done only on the person's heuristics (To put it in Antivirus terms).

But is seeing beyond the surface important?

Probably. Let's say someone told me how this other person said about my Nike shoes from kids in Africa.

Do I just feel offended and go, gosh, that person is such a son of a (Insert word), he said that about me!?

The first thing to analyze upon this is to notice the motive of the person saying it to me, in other words, why. Then is how the initiator said it (Tone), is it sarcastic or not? Because this information is clearly not passed on to me.

Then process the truth vs fake matters.

"Gosh Person A said your P5W-DH sucks, and claims his motherboard is SOOOOOOOOO 1337"

How would you reply?

"Man he is such a son of a (Insert word), he said that about me? Look my house woops his circles, what's he going to say!"

No, that's getting way too emotional without giving what is said beyond the literal meaning. Because you are taking it literally.

So in life, to make things complex, do you have to think EVERYTHING beyond the surface?

Not necessarily. But information is passed into you, then take it seriously before offence is taken because only 10% of what is really said is passed onto you.

If possible, always ask the person if they really said it and why they said, the initiator. By doing this, your life will be much happier and have much more friends because you don't make enemies through misconceptions.

And the person who likes to be the person in between that passes these kind of information for whatever purpose, is who that like to create conflicts. Motive? Interesting, but benefit to them is unknown besides the sole purpose of seeing conflict between two individuals? Is not creating harmony better than to create tension?

Interesting.

And the last thing to talk about, as commonly seen in movies -- movies are the writer or director's likes of reflecting scenarios of real life -- is people who interferes with a task or work of another person because he feels that what they are doing is wrong, when you do not know their real motive.

This is the first person vs. third person motive. Is what your intention important? Probably, but the way is as well. Definition of character is not completely dependent on intention or motive, but also the way to achieve your goals.

My intention is to achieve a good mark. I cheat.

That's wrong, although your intention is positive, the way to achieve so is wrong.

My intention is to achieve a good mark. I study hard.

That is definition of your character.

That's all I got to say today :(

No, it is not Random. I totally agree with you, great read :)

I actually had a few Friends back a few years that acted like an in-betweener. They take an Extract of what I say on a basis and tell another one of my friends what I said about them which is not entirely True at all. Then he comes back to me and tell me about something what my Friend said. I know him pretty well and for one time I was actually over Reacting until I met him at the Airport and had chatted a bit. I found out that the guy telling all the stories is just being an aphnetworks.com and aphnetworks.coming around for whatever reason he wants us to fight.

It's very Funny how he actually paid so much effort, he phoned me, emailed me, and talked to me Directly about it. I don't understand these people, But I think his unpopularity is going Up so by doing this he can gain himself more Friends :)

Haha Chc I Really like your opinions sometimes, not just the Reviews :(

The fact remains that your arrogant and prideful character sprouted out of you and made the "his mobo sux" and another rather arrogant and comment completely without sarcasm.

Does that say something about your character? Here's my theory, free to dispute:

FUD and ignorance of the perspective of the other, while making obscene comments on how you are so much better than others, which range from venial things such as "my Shure E2c totally pwns his stock earbuds" to rather mortal like as in "you know that loud kid failed her math test", gives you a paramastubatory sensation. Do you think the audience want's to hear that? Frankly nobody cares about how other people "plagerizes" your "creation" because it's such a good reference. It's giving you the illusion that you're in control, and you will not accept "defeat" and try to rationalize everything that contradicts your character.

I have confidence at least 3 people here, and around 5 other people agrees.

That was actually put pretty bluntly, but I can see where you are going with this; yes, he has dissed all of our stuff. However, I can honestly say that I've forgotten about what he said about my computer (nearly 4.5 billion times about how much it sucks). I guess I've just grown either used to it or just completely acquired it's "taste".

Now I'm not betraying you, chc. It's just a simple observation. I'll tell you straight up that it's not too exciting to hear about how slow my computer is compared to yours, but I'm usually not too offended by it =)

Ty, I don't really think that chc badmouths people too much, but then again I'm not really a person to judge because we mostly just chat.

The fact remains that your arrogant and prideful character sprouted out of you and made the "his mobo sux" and another rather arrogant and comment completely without sarcasm.

Does that say something about your character? Here's my theory, free to dispute:

FUD and ignorance of the perspective of the other, while making obscene comments on how you are so much better than others, which range from venial things such as "my Shure E2c totally pwns his stock earbuds" to rather mortal like as in "you know that loud kid failed her math test", gives you a paramastubatory sensation. Do you think the audience want's to hear that? Frankly nobody cares about how other people "plagerizes" your "creation" because it's such a good reference. It's giving you the illusion that you're in control, and you will not accept "defeat" and try to rationalize everything that contradicts your character.

I have confidence at least 3 people here, and around 5 other people agrees.

lol and you said that was sarcasm after you said you "posted" on APH afterwards [you made this post]? :(

Ok firstly, you admitted earlier that you know it was sarcasm but that 'you didn't know which model is which [motherboard wise] in person before you made that post.

Secondly, the 'loud kid that failed the math test', the word 'loud' was obtained from you when you said 'that loud noob should shut up' (As written on paper and displayed to me). But it is true, and it's funny how they brag how smartly 1337 they were when you are not around :P

As in expressing opinions, there's a reason to express how annoying some people are that does everything I do in a 1:1 fashion.

It's not about defeat or "scoring points", the point is to express an opinion :)

To be honest I used to do so about winning vs defeat, but I got over it and engaged in less of these (At least on the forums). I used to do so, but the positive effect is minimal.

That was actually put pretty bluntly, but I can see where you are going with this; yes, he has dissed all of our stuff. However, I can honestly say that I've forgotten about what he said about my computer (nearly 4.5 billion times about how much it sucks). I guess I've just grown either used to it or just completely acquired it's "taste".

Now I'm not betraying you, chc. It's just a simple observation. I'll tell you straight up that it's not too exciting to hear about how slow my computer is compared to yours, but I'm usually not too offended by it =)

Ty, I don't really think that chc badmouths people too much, but then again I'm not really a person to judge because we mostly just chat.

No but really, your comp SUCKS!! Simple as that!! :(

You can say the same about mine, it's not like darkorb hasn't. That's fine with me :)

Yeah ty hurt my feelings, I think I am going to sit in the corner of my room... and...

What? I mean sit in the corner, where my computer is located... :(

A bit of sarcasm, notice that :)

So does yours.. HA!

And.. you suck for deleting that thread were I was being a total noob.

Edited by APH-Alex

I think someone is trying a bit to hard to assert there intelligence.

No he is Merely sharing an interesting Opinion, I think he is not Asserting intelligence in any Way. I agree pretty Much all of it, and the presented way is Great :)

I never liked Eng-Lit :) I always wanted to Write but I guess flying planes is for me :(

Sure it's an interesting opinion but still. Chc is always acting smart and stuff.

Side Note: ^I think we all know you're a pilot by now. :)

But I like being one :)

Sure it's an interesting opinion but still. Chc is always acting smart and stuff.

No not at All. In all seriousness he is very Smart and if you read his Emoticons and how formal he can get, Great man :) I always like to talk to people like that. Always Honest and true :(

Edited by Big Bang

He's probably messing around with you, take the Funny :)

I saw it in other threads, I had to Admit it's funny and unoffensive at All. In fact I never seen him Offensive.

I don't take it seriously. Even I can admit that it is rather funny, but still. Saying "Haha sucker" when someone get's a virus? That's not too professional, or funny for that matter.

SideNote: I know you will request proof, so here:

http://www.aphnetworks.com/forums/index.ph...11&hl=virus

Edited by APH-Alex

According to his universally accepted philosophy, it's ok to aphnetworks.com somebody when they're doing illegal stuff.

That should give the greatest excuse for him