Sign in to follow this  
ty8131990

"Gross" in-ear earphones

in-ear phones are probably more damaging to ur ears, but I'm no expert. Plus my hearing is kinda shot from parties

My Panasonic do make a little suction but it never hurts when I take them out

Edited by gummyz

in-ear phones are probably more damaging to ur ears, but I'm no expert. Plus my hearing is kinda shot from parties

My Panasonic do make a little suction but it never hurts when I take them out

They are more damaging if you turn it all the way up. But if you don't, they are actually better for your ears since you are not trying to compete noise with volume.

So in other words if used appropriately it's better for you :P

No what gummyz said was right, in-ear's have greater potential of damage than stereo systems or headphones to that matter, because of the design. It produces more dB than what you "think" is safe. Your music brain may think it's at a safe noise level, but the effect on your eardrum is still greater than other sound sources.

So in other words you think you are preserving your ears while it's still causing damage, even if it's pretty quiet, you just don't realize it :P

However advantages far outweigh disadvantages if you're those noisy environment listener type, since you won't have to be competing sound like chc mentioned.

Edited by ty8131990

That's actually true :thumbsup: But partially is how it's guided into your ears (Distance, design, etc)

Should be fine though since it's almost impossible to hear with normal earbuds at.. say, 8/25 on my Zen Micro in a noisy environment (Must me 13+ for anything half decent) whereas 8/25 with decent noise isolation is much beyond the 'barely able to hear' level) :P

Well, you have to remember those E5c's probably cost a lot more than Sony Ericsson stock earbuds. Personally I think they're worth their money (free? :thumbsup:) But still, they're pretty decent.

Not that I use them much anymore, I hate playing music on my phone. When the adaptor accidentally disconnects, then the music plays out loud and you look like an idiot lol :P

And when I sleep, I really enjoy listening to my player with 1/25 volume lol. It was sounds pretty clear and nice in midnite time =)

But in my workplace, and outside, usually, I set it up to 15-17/25 (with Smart Volume: ON).

Is it too loud or no?

What is the normal level of volume that is acceptable for our ears...

I never know this fact, since it will be good to know, if I don't wanna lose my precious hearing....

And when I sleep, I really enjoy listening to my player with 1/25 volume lol. It was sounds pretty clear and nice in midnite time =)

But in my workplace, and outside, usually, I set it up to 15-17/25 (with Smart Volume: ON).

Is it too loud or no?

What is the normal level of volume that is acceptable for our ears...

I never know this fact, since it will be good to know, if I don't wanna lose my precious hearing....

80 dB, but because you work in a loud factory, the actual 80 dB might sound like 70 dB.

Btw whats the source you runnig on?

Wow that's loud. The max I ever go is like, 8/25 on mine.

That's isn't a really good comparison.

@ty81: What source what?

@ch, maybe it has something to do with the earphone. With the same volume, some earphone is louder compare to others?

Yes it is, except er6i's and other non ER4p earphones are all easy to drive. Source as it, where's the audio output coming from? A 20/30 on my DAP is louder than a 40/40 on my other one.