Sign in to follow this  
APH-Alex

Religion

Hey guys, I was just wondering what religion are you guys part of? No flaming please, just a discussion of which religion each is part of and some brief description. Feel free to question others' beliefs, but please do it in a nice way.

You guys all know that I'm a Christian, so I guess there's no need for me to explain much.

Discuss.

Sweet. Anyone here Wiccan or Satanist or anything unusual like that? I think that would be a cool post.

Hi, I'm a Satanist.

We like to do things like worship Satan, kill cats, and sometimes we take out little boys. All hail Satan!

I know that Satanism is and atheistic religion, the latter was a joke.

Really! I like Muslims too, so peaceful :S

Right, very peaceful... *cough cough* Allah is god! Bush must die! *cough cough*

Right, very peaceful... *cough cough* Allah is god! Bush must die! *cough cough*

Dude, saying Allah is good is like a Christian saying let us thank the good Lord. I'm very sure you were joking, but the majority of Muslims are peaceful people. In fact, it's like a Muslim crusade. During the gothic Roman times, the "Christian" knights pillaged Muslim villages and such, but of course they thought they were doing justice and such which was actually very wrong. But the point is I hope you won't think prejudiced about this very peaceful (and large) group of people.

Dude, saying Allah is good is like a Christian saying let us thank the good Lord. I'm very sure you were joking, but the majority of Muslims are peaceful people. In fact, it's like a Muslim crusade. During the gothic Roman times, the "Christian" knights pillaged Muslim villages and such, but of course they thought they were doing justice and such which was actually very wrong. But the point is I hope you won't think prejudiced about this very peaceful (and large) group of people.

^ I'm not trying to preach or change your views. But I think that it requires MORE faith to be an atheist than to believe in God. There are so many complex things in this world. Whether it be animals, plants or even our own bodies. It is hard for me to believe that this was all chance. Think about how the world and life in general 'started'. According to many scientists and such, the world as we know it was 'created' from the Big Bang (not the APH member - similarly when I mention God, I am not referring to the dude with the car in his signature). What are the chances, that after this Big Bang, that life started? Let me give an example. Take apart a clock. Put all the gears, hands...everything in a box. Shake it for billions of years. What is the possibility of all the gears to fit perfectly and start ticking?

In my view, and most likely many others, this world is just too complex and diverse to have simply been a product of luck and chance. This world must have been CREATED by someone.

No flaming please, just a discussion of which religion each is part of and some brief description.

Honestly, just stay on topic, and don't be so judgmental on misinformed subjects.

Sorry buddy I wasn't directly pointing fingers :S No I was not referring to you, it's a generalized de-flamatory post.

Any off topic posts starting now will be removed.

Well, this is how I see it: The world can't have been created just by coincidence, I mean, there must be some higher intelligence. And to be honest, I wish there were no God, then I could fulfill every sinful thing my heart desired. However, I refrain because I know that there's a God and that he's watching over me. I mean, if there was no God, I swear I'd be the biggest drug dealer you guys know, and I'd be in jail right now probably. The reason I'm not though, is because I was brought up a Christian and I was taught no to do these things in the fear of God. Whether or not you believe God is real, believing and fearing in him, I think, has prevented me from doing some regrettable things. Plus, what if there is God? I mean, the Bible is good proof. Why not prepare for Jesus' coming just in case, despite your beliefs? Just my $0.02

Having God on your side is actually really chill. For example, you'd get a sense of comfort knowing that there's someone going to take care of you out there. :S

I once asked someone why they believed in God, and they said it was what they needed. So, if you don't need God, then don't believe in Him, but don't go around flaming people who do. Show some respect, please. :) Actually, I'm pretty curious to know why there aren't any evolutions taking place right now. Is it because they take millenia (millenium?) for drastic changes to take place?

If God created us, who created God. If God can just pop into existence why cant we?

There is a difference between "Higher Intelligence" and "God". If you follow any of these common religions you believe a perfect being just became out of nothingness and made us. If you believe in a Higher Intelligence (such as an evolved form of life) then that is completely different. You need to decide which you believe in to even start such a debate as some of you use both words together when they have completely different meanings.