Sign in to follow this  
APH-Alex

Religion

^ Ahh. But when God created Adam, he created Adam in HIS OWN IMAGE.

Genesis 5:1

"In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him;

The Bible specifically points out the gender of God.

But for the more skeptical here,

Adam...I'm pretty sure we all agree, is a male.

Yes the bible a book we wrote. Why cant you open your eyes and realise you worship a fictional book created by humans. The bible is full of contradictions and assumptions the whole thing is a story, entertainment.

There is more than just one religion and many do not talk about the garden or Adam or just 1 god. If your a Hindu you believe there are many gods.

Here is the fundamental flaw with choosing a religion. Wherever you are born the religion that is pervasive in that part of the world is the religion you will be taught and subsequently follow. If you pray to the God of Christianity that is only because you were born in a western society if you was born in the middle east it is very likely you will worship Allah. It is for this very complex contradiction that people should not believe in religion at all. Not everyone can be right, and if you want to get into "Maybe these religions just read the book wrong" there are Far East Asians who have had religion thousands of years before the birth of Christianity which by there standards is infant.

If you believe in the Bible.. well I feel sorry for the state of society today. Become a free thinker and don't use religious text to come to conclusions about life.

^ Did you even read my posts earlier on?

Please, show me a contradition or error in the bible. Please, by all means.

And of course there were religions before CHRISTIANITY. But the GOD before Christ came down to this Earth is the SAME GOD as after.

Edited by r3volution

What? Christianity isn't the same as Catholic? I see the point you're trying to make, but I have to say it's rather biased. Christianity is a belief in, Christ, hence the name. You're right about the "difference" between post Luther and the Pope, but that doesn't make them unChristian.

There are many Protestant "flaws" with the bible as well, not just the Catholic doctrines.

Edited by ty8131990

Well. Yes, but they believe in different things.

Protestant

• Salvation by FAITH (Believe and you will go to heaven).
  • After death, there is only TWO options, Heaven or Hell.
  • Believe/follow ONLY the Scriptures.
  • Mary was just the mother of Christ, not a deity.
  • Ministers can be anyone who has a calling from God.
  • Baptism is not necessary for salvation.

Catholic

• Salvation by GOOD WORKS. (Do good works and you will go to heaven).
  • After death, there are THREE options, Heaven, Hell or Purgatory. (If many people pray for you, you will be moved from Purgatory to Heaven)
  • Believe/follow BOTH the Scriptures as well as Tradition.
  • Worship Mary the mother of Christ.
  • All ministers are ordained by Bishops following the direct line of succession from the Apostles.
  • Baptism is necessary for salvation (?) Not too sure about this one.

Edited by r3volution

Well. Yes, but they believe in different things.

Protestant

• Salvation by FAITH (Believe and you will go to heaven).
  • After death, there is only TWO options, Heaven or Hell.
  • Believe/follow ONLY the Scriptures.
  • Mary was just the mother of Christ, not a deity.
  • Ministers can be anyone who has a calling from God.
  • Baptism is not necessary for salvation.

Catholic

• Salvation by GOOD WORKS. (Do good works and you will go to heaven).
  • After death, there are THREE options, Heaven, Hell or Purgatory. (If many people pray for you, you will be moved from Purgatory to Heaven)
  • Believe/follow BOTH the Scriptures as well as Tradition.
  • Worship Mary the mother of Christ.
  • All ministers are ordained by Bishops following the direct line of succession from the Apostles.
  • Baptism is necessary for salvation (?) Not too sure about this one.

Become a free thinker and don't use religious text to come to conclusions about life.

Yep, and become your own thinker, despise and oppose everyone who has different views as you, and use your own thinking to come to conclusions about life, and force everyone to believe in what you say, because you have some kind of intellectual superiority?

Yeah exactly. Baptism is a public demonstration of your relationship with God. There is nothing so special with the water. H2O, 2 Hydrogens + Oxygen.

Yep, and become your own thinker, despise and oppose everyone who has different views as you, and use your own thinking to come to conclusions about life, and force everyone to believe in what you say, because you have some kind of intellectual superiority?

Listen Buddy I don't entirely agree with What you say in terms of supreme Being or what you believe in, but I like how you are confident in what you Believe in and passionate about what you Say.

And us Atheists like Winmaclin mentioned, yes, we are free Thinkers, but you know what? WE RESPECT OTHERS, and we do not condemn others of others belief or orientation or Whatever. What we learn is we accept All.

And if you WML Dont know how to respect others, lay off it and go Outside. No one needs a flamebait here, and no one gives a aphnetworks.com about what you think or what you say because this is not the topic. If you really Want to Debate go to some religious forums and flame Here http://www.christianforums.com/

I am Sad of what has become of the disagreements on the Internet today. If you Dont like it don't post it here, it's not like Anyone is going to suddenly change Faith because of someone's post. I Dont think this will make your Life happier because you oppose the views of a Group of people on a COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT SUBJECT THAT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LIFE? If it does it's kind of Sad.

Listen Buddy I don't entirely agree with What you say in terms of supreme Being or what you believe in, but I like how you are confident in what you Believe in and passionate about what you Say.

And us Atheists like Winmaclin mentioned, yes, we are free Thinkers, but you know what? WE RESPECT OTHERS, and we do not condemn others of others belief or orientation or Whatever. What we learn is we accept All.

And if you WML Dont know how to respect others, lay off it and go Outside. No one needs a flamebait here, and no one gives a aphnetworks.com about what you think or what you say because this is not the topic. If you really Want to Debate go to some religious forums and flame Here http://www.christianforums.com/

I am Sad of what has become of the disagreements on the Internet today. If you Dont like it don't post it here, it's not like Anyone is going to suddenly change Faith because of someone's post. I Dont think this will make your Life happier because you oppose the views of a Group of people on a COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT SUBJECT THAT DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR LIFE? If it does it's kind of Sad.

^:D^

Can believe anything you want as far as I'm concerned. It's the Bible people that knock on my front door that I give a ton to. I don't go door-to-door telling people to become Atheists and I never bring it up until some religious nut (I'm not referring to any of you on this forum I mean actual crazy religious zealots in town centres etc) wants to start a debate.

LOL.

Well...I guess we got carried away :P (The contest helps)

But we weren't trying to convert you guys or anything, just stating our opinions and views.

But hey! At least we had a serious debate about SOMETHING for longer than a page!!! Congrats to all you guys! :D

Yeah exactly. Baptism is a public demonstration of your relationship with God. There is nothing so special with the water. H2O, Hydrogen + 2 Oxygens.

Maybe you could enlighten me here. If there's nothing special about this whole ceremony, why did the disciples have baptize people?

And for those that think Christians like to impose their ideas onto others, maybe you should try to go into the shoes of a missionary. In their mind, us heathen are going to h3ll. To the eternal fire. They're trying to teach us the grace of God and what so little he asks. To them it's not about the right to believe in whatever they want, it's about introducing you to the alternative afterlife.

About baptism, I'm pretty sure Protestants have baptismal ceremonies too....

"To put it most simply, the power, effect, benefit, fruit, and purpose of Baptism is to save. No one is baptized in order to become a prince, but as the words say, to 'be saved.' To be saved, we know, is nothing else than to be delivered from sin, death, and the devil and to enter into the kingdom of Christ and live with him forever."

^:D^

Can believe anything you want as far as I'm concerned. It's the Bible people that knock on my front door that I give a ton to. I don't go door-to-door telling people to become Atheists and I never bring it up until some religious nut (I'm not referring to any of you on this forum I mean actual crazy religious zealots in town centres etc) wants to start a debate.

Actually I am sorry if I didnt Write it correctly, but the latter part was meant for you. You were the one disrespecting everyone here. You are the one that trolled In this topic. You were the One that brought everyone off.

Now if you are believing that you are Respecting anyone here, if you are Honestly not saying you are forcing your opinion on Anyone, you can say so But I strongly disagree.

Some 'religious' people who say whom they claim to be, probably isn't truly part of what they say they are. I am sorry you are exposed to such bad examples of people, but generalizing is bad :D

Most of the people who knock on doors to bait people into their religion are Jehovahs Witness and Mormons, who are significantly different from us Christians (Excluding Catholics, as mentioned earlier). I get annoyed by them knocking on my doors too.

^ :D

Sorry WML if I offended you, I Didnt mean to use Strong language can't edit the post now :P

But it seems to me in every Relgiion related Topic you want to start a Debate and go door to door (online) forcing your opinion, so Please stop doing that, don't set bad Examples of Atheists lol.

I am very Neutral in this area, so I won't go Around forcing what I believe down other Peoples throats, and Neither is anyone here.

But if You really want to debate those Questions you can go to the forum as I mentioned Earlier. They can help you.

Maybe you could enlighten me here. If there's nothing special about this whole ceremony, why did the disciples have baptize people?

And for those that think Christians like to impose their ideas onto others, maybe you should try to go into the shoes of a missionary. In their mind, us heathen are going to h3ll. To the eternal fire. They're trying to teach us the grace of God and what so little he asks. To them it's not about the right to believe in whatever they want, it's about introducing you to the alternative afterlife.

About baptism, I'm pretty sure Protestants have baptismal ceremonies too....

We do have baptismal ceremonies but it not the ensure salvations. It it just a symbol of rebirth, a new life in Christ. It is not a requirement.

Also, baptisms in a Baptist church usually take place AFTER the person is saved and understands what the baptism represents.

And, the disciples baptised people? I don't think they did (not sure, I'll have to check that).

Same with Alliance church.

They actually did, in Acts chapter 2:

37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”

38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

There are 7 types of baptisms, This baptism is for the Jewish people, not the Christians. Note the "Men and brethren", Peter was Jewish.

Our baptism is recorded in Matthrew 28:19.

"Go ye therefore, and teach all NATIONS; baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" This "NATIONS" are the Gentiles.

So they did baptise people....but wrong reference :D

Edited by r3volution