Sign in to follow this  
Buranko

About earphones

I just bought JVC earphones (with earbuds, noise reduction they said).

Just 20$.

It works cool in regular use. But I work in factory, and the heavyy machinary machine still bugging my ears --"

I refunded it.

Now I'm still looking for another better earphones for factory environment.

I did search in this forum, and few topics were talking about Shure e2 e3, and ER 6, ER 4.

The problem is, Shure is way more expensive. And the earbud looks like JVC that I had. It's round just like that.

The ER series, are cheaper, and it has scarry earbuds...

I just wonder, which one is more effective in blocking the heavy noises?

Or beside ER and Shure, do you have another recomendation?

I'm really not sure, but I've heard good things about Skullcandy. I'm assuming you're looking for more "budget-friendly" earbuds, like me? :thumbsup: I'm actually thinking of getting a pair of these. Through pricematching, if they let me. :)

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, all "noise-isolation" earbuds have the deep round thing that goes into your ears but some might look slightly different. They also differ in the sound produced.

If you're an audiophile, I'd recommend you go for the V-Moda Vibes.

BTW, welcome to APH forums. Nice to have you on board!

Haha, I was stucked to this forum once while ago, when I was looking for a good skin review for my Vision:M.

I red v-moda review by cochn... and it looks like not that great in blocking the noise?

The Skullcandy is cute tho, but I think that's too small.

For ilustration is..

You duck near car's muffler

And tell your friend to push the gas full.

"ROAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Something like that.. x_X continously.... for 12 hours.... everyday.

This what I use before. The JVC marshmallow.

203251846.jpg

The buds aren't that great. And the natural 'oil' on my ears, makes them wrinkle easily.

I might go to ER-6, but... it's scarry somehow. |>|>|> <--- it's like a monster's tail lol.

If it's possible to find a product with normal buds, but great in reduction noise like shure's?, but I'm not sure too.

Beside it's very2 expensive.

Whoa, those ER-6's don't come cheap either :|

I was thinking of purchasing a set of Marshmallows, but I didn't really like the name :thumbsup: lol and the only colour they had was white, and I didn't want mine turning...waxy-coloured :) lol lots of blushing today.

If you really need that much noise-isolation, then you should consider getting a set of E2c's. Maybe even step them up to E3c's?

http://www.mostlydigital.ca/detail.php?recordID=H56482

Unless I'm greatly mistaken, the E2c's aren't more expensive than the ER-6's. However, seeing as how I've never bought from that site before, I can't really guarantee it'll be in great condition, or that the service would be flawless. Tigerdirect has the same thing for $132.99, in case you wanted to know ;)

Those are huge. For sound isolation and not necessarily incredible sound performance, the E2c's aren't bad. I still use them because they are excellent for sound isolation. The V-Moda Vibes are definitely nice but it's not nearly as well as blocking noise as the Shure E2c, because they aren't designed to. The Vibes has 2 openings on the side to enhance soundstaging and bass.

Uhm, ER-6 is for 70$ o.O;

Shure E2 is 100$, E3 is 200$, and E4 is 300$

Marshmallow is about 15-20$, and it has 3-4 colors in Walmart. Green, Blue, Black, White perhaps.

Shure E2

90132508.jpg

That earbud, is from a sponge, or a soft rubber?

But one thing that I found in almost all series of Shure, it concerns about "Bass" problem. But I believe those who complains are using ipod xD

And to think again, 100$ - 300$ for an earphone... I must've been crazy x___X;

I just purchased ER-6i, and will be shipped, maybe around 3-5 days they said.

I hope this will work better, or I will just back to my 'own noise reduction' style with 5$ value of earphone..

(Ear ... Half piece of earplug rubber... (push it deep inside your ear)... normal earphone with max volume).

The E2c comes with a black flexible one, a solid clear sleeve, as well as a set of sponge :) But tell us how your ER-6i goes. :thumbsup:

I don't really like earbuds...they're kinda uncomfortable. My friend has a pair of skullcandy earbuds...and I didn't like them very much.

Welcome to APH networks!

I just bought JVC earphones (with earbuds, noise reduction they said).

Just 20$.

It works cool in regular use. But I work in factory, and the heavyy machinary machine still bugging my ears --"

I refunded it.

Now I'm still looking for another better earphones for factory environment.

I did search in this forum, and few topics were talking about Shure e2 e3, and ER 6, ER 4.

The problem is, Shure is way more expensive. And the earbud looks like JVC that I had. It's round just like that.

The ER series, are cheaper, and it has scarry earbuds...

I just wonder, which one is more effective in blocking the heavy noises?

Or beside ER and Shure, do you have another recomendation?

Was it the JVC Marshmellow's? Marshmellow's are a much better bang-for-buck compared to E2c/vibe/er 6i SQ-wise, none of these are worth the "upgrade". The ER4P (or S, depending on your source), has better noise isolation than the Shures, but it's in excess of $300 US, and they aren't exactly that mobile earphone you are looking for (which of course varies from person to person). If you really want isolation you need custom made molds.

If you are worried about bass, I strongly recommend you return the Er6i and buy something else. I personally haven't listened to this, but the Jays d-Jays for $99 is quite good, so I hear. As for the Vibes, you either really like them or really hate them; it's a matter of preferring accurate or fun sounding signatures.

In general: you will need to spend at least $200 for decent sounding and comfortable earbuds

Yes, actually the JVC is very good in SQ, I know. And it's really comfortable in ears too.

But the noise reduction isn't engouh (which I take it as the first priority right now).

Well, let see how it will goes xD. I might go back to marshmellow if this ER-6i doesn't meet my expectation.

And oh, I ain't worry about the bass. Vision:M's eq-setting will take care of it.

I have a pair of Panasonic RH-90's. Overall if you want the best bang for your buck those would be it. If i remember straight the freq is about 6-25,000 and has 3 pairs of replacement/fitting caps. I usually use it with my MD and my Zen and i can't hear squat when they're on and people can't hear them all that well either.

Very nice earphones if you want to have a boo.....

Okay, but they are known to be fragile too. Nonetheless, it's your first upgrade to a long line of expensive upgrades.

Only for you ty! We arent that rich!

I got it today. I could say it's perfect.

204166579.jpg

Those 3 triangles aren't like what I suppose to thought.

I thought it'll be like solid soft foam, but it's from a tiny layer of stich rubber. So elastic and tiny.

Firstly I was affraid like "WTH, so thin, how it'll block the noise?"

But when I put it deep inside, it's protect my ears the same like Factory's earplug.

And the sound pretty decent.

This earphones suit me the perfectly, I'm so glad. I could say it's the best one if we're talking about Isolator Earphone.

I haven't tried Shure one (which is way way more expensive), but I believe, judge from the design, ER6i is dedicated for that purpose (For noise blocker).

The wire is so tiny, (sexy xD), even I'm affraid if accidentally it stucked somewhere, and broke easily...

It came up with 3 extra earbud (all different type).

The default has 3 rubber layers.

And as the bonus:

1. With 2 layers.

2. With 2 layers, but smaller size.

3. Foam (rectangle foam, solid) <- my favorite, since it's very soft and comfy.

But I keep the foam, since it'll get dirty easily... x_X

It takes me about 15 minutes to try to fit it in my ears perfectly, and finally I figured how to do that in most efficient way.

Since it's an 'in-deep' earphones, I don't think it'll suit with anyone.

But if you are, it's a good stuff. Doesn't hurt, and it's not tickling your ears (Unless you're gag.. lol, you could feel it).

The Bass problem (like review says), it doesn't appear.

With EQ control, with 5 value in 80 HZ channel, and Bass Boost On, the bass is perfectly fine.

I don't need earplug anymore in my super noisy heavy machinary workplace xD

PF: Sorry if it has a lot of grammar problems, lol. I'm not native english speaker xD

Edited by Buranko