Sign in to follow this  
Buranko

How Many Songs in your ADP?

It Doesn't matter. Ripping CDs are perfectly legal as long as it is for personal Use and no distribution. Also, Last time I checked Canada has a sort of Levy that imposes on all forms of recordable Media (Including Digitial Audio players) so the legal fees are paid anyway. In fact Torrent is legal in canada but you will be violating copyright/intellectual property of US or other countrys musicians so I don't condone this act, otherwise theres no Problems.

That's not the issue. You can Torrent freeware, but you can't d/l something like free MS Office for free. These low-income people shouldn't be turning to free downloads and maybe work more hours, make sacrifices like us opulent people of just.

please dont get sand in it, if you know what i mean ty. ripping CDs is perfectly legal as long long as it's (already been stated) for personal use and no distribution.

Edited by lukerman

I repeat then...

I have 1225 Musics on my DAP..

And Thousands on my PC...

All downloaded.

Personal use is my aliby, since I was born in pirating culture land. Har har har.

Dude TY you are upper class and rich what would you know?

You assume too much, you're very immature and that's not my point.

please dont get sand in it, if you know what i mean ty. ripping CDs is perfectly legal as long long as it's (already been stated) for personal use and no distribution.

I never said it was illegal. It's like stealing. Besides, do you think the record company would like it if 5 people bought a single CD and collectively ripped the audio for their personal use?

?

What did he say? I think he edited it out.....

EDIT: Nevermind...I see the image now...

Edited by r3volution

OK, I guess compared to you guys I have a meazly 445 on my iPod. It's kind of a waste of iPod space I guess, but I really try to keep it legal most of the time. I ran out of Allofmp3.com credits, and the ones I download are from mixtapes which are PERFECTLY legal as they host and distribute their own songs. Or...errr at least I think they're legal :P lol anyway, I can actually honeslty say I can listen to all 445 without skipping a single one, as I love them all. To be honest, if I put my whole CD collection together, I can probably squeeze out probably more than 445, but I got sick of most of those materialistic songs I used to like.

:S I try my best. Would you say going to the library and borrowing CDs, and then ripping them is like stealing? I guess it is in a way, because those are just intended for temporary borrowing. You can also say I answered my own question just now, which is interesting. But anyhow, I just want your opinions. i guess you can say its almost as bad as...DOWNLOADING MUSIC :P

songsyi8.jpg

I like having all the songs i can on my ipod, cuz i dont no when i wana listen to what :P

Or in the car feeling some slow songs, or some with intense bass.

But i got some good playlists going:P

Edited by God

songsyi8.jpg

I like having all the songs i can on my ipod, cuz i dont no when i wana listen to what :P

Or in the car feeling some slow songs, or some with intense bass.

But i got some good playlists going:P

I love how you have over 1000 more songs than I do, but my collection takes up a whole GB more than yours.

Most of my MP3's are 320KBps CBR.

Ahhhhh... Thats nice WinMacLin but really how long does it take to load into ipod?

a couple of minutes.

HAha i noticed that too WML.

What, your songs are longer and are higher quality?

My songs are just higher quality so they take up more room. Same length.

OK, I guess compared to you guys I have a meazly 445 on my iPod. It's kind of a waste of iPod space I guess, but I really try to keep it legal most of the time. I ran out of Allofmp3.com credits, and the ones I download are from mixtapes which are PERFECTLY legal as they host and distribute their own songs. Or...errr at least I think they're legal :P lol anyway, I can actually honeslty say I can listen to all 445 without skipping a single one, as I love them all. To be honest, if I put my whole CD collection together, I can probably squeeze out probably more than 445, but I got sick of most of those materialistic songs I used to like.

:P I try my best. Would you say going to the library and borrowing CDs, and then ripping them is like stealing? I guess it is in a way, because those are just intended for temporary borrowing. You can also say I answered my own question just now, which is interesting. But anyhow, I just want your opinions. i guess you can say its almost as bad as...DOWNLOADING MUSIC :P

That's petty stealing, but what amazes me is that you have interest in music from the library :S

I got about 100 on my DAP and about 19k more on my HDD, and that's just one of them. About 10 k from my own collection (did anyone know 500 cds are as heavy as 2 sacks of potatoes?) and a lot of other were ripped form friends collections. So i have way too much....but i have heard every tune i have.....

Wait wait.. So, theoretically, ripping songs from a friends' CD is legal? Well what if your friend ripped the songs from the CD into a Torrent? Then what? Wouldn't that be that same thing, except he would be sharing it with more 'friends'?