Sign in to follow this  
KillerTofu

Good Free Programs

Today i was thinking when i was browsing the forums and looking at everyone's custom sigs, "I wonder what programs they use. I bet they cost money. I dont like paying for things. Maybe there are programs that are free and do the same things as other not-free programs". So i decided to make this thread for me and others (mostly me) so that smart people could recommend some good, free programs.

So...... im looking for good, free music-editing, graphic-creating, and music-mixing programs and i have no idea where to look for them (im not stupid, like i probably could find them, im just a lazy beast), so im open to (your) recommendations!

I prefer Paint.Net 3, as it's actually amazingly powerful for a freeware. I heard Gimp.shop wasn't too bad either, but I don't enjoy using it as much as I do Paint.Net; it's more reminiscient of Photoshop. I heard Blender was really good for 3D graphics, but I don't know how to use it...maybe if you help me out...? :P

Audacity much?

I prefer Paint.Net 3, as it's actually amazingly powerful for a freeware. I heard Gimp.shop wasn't too bad either, but I don't enjoy using it as much as I do Paint.Net; it's more reminiscient of Photoshop. I heard Blender was really good for 3D graphics, but I don't know how to use it...maybe if you help me out...? :P

Audacity much?

Hmmmm own beats that sounds like freeware search time!

I don't really use much in terms of programs... The only free program I use is Sygate Personal Firewall (doesn't exist anymore since being bought by Symantec about a year ago) and Irfanview (picture viewer)