Sign in to follow this  
Buranko

Canon Digital Camera

My mom wants to buy a digicam.

But I hold her, to decide which one is better.

SD 700, 6 MPX, 4x Digital & Optical zoom. (35mm - 140mm)

SD 1000, 7 MPX, 3x Optical, 4x Digital zoom. (35 - 105mm)

Both have almost the same spec (IS included (image stabilizer, from shaking)).

Both same using Li-Ion Batterei.

But SD 700 = 300$, while SD 1000 = 230$

Why is that? O_O;

Anybody using Canon here?

Is that price different just because the zoom effect?

Does Zoom difference beat down the Resolution in price?

But man, 70$

I have Canon's G6 myself and love it!

My parents have a Canon DSLR and its amazing!

Of the two you suggested, the SD700, and SD1000, based on some of the reviews on the net, I'd probably say go for the SD1000.

And for the offical-ness the SD700 costs $297.42 (and comes w/ a free 1GB SD card) and the SD1000 costs $226.28. Both come with a free 1GB SD card through May 31. This may be due to the 700 having parts that cost more to make or it could be because it shoots movies also and has an image stabalizer. *shrug*

Maybe that will help you some. :D

But SD 1000 also shoots movie o.O;

So it's just OIS thing.. but is it so expensive?

Or maybe I should consider A710, but the only thing matter just the batterei, it's AA type, not li-ion one that rechargable inside the camera.

Does AA type is good? Approx, how many picture could taken, with and without flash? (LCD display all time).

A710 = 6x optical zoom, 7 MPX. =/

250$

Lithium ftw :D Also, I believe all modern digicams shoots video clips. Megapixel is more of a marketing scheme like GHz and Watts etc, it's the actual CCD and picture quality that counts, not the resolution that's first. 1.3MP Canon camera > 3MP Nokia phone.

I can only tackle the SD700 model because I don't have the resources for SD1000 yet. Apparently, most reviews for the former are positive except for one, DigitalCameraInfo.com, which gives it a negative rating. If you're interested to read the review, you can access it through this location, (http://www.smartratings.com/review/photogr...ital_cameras/43). Hope this helps. Good luck.

Yeah just go take a look by yourself. Personally for all my reviews, I just use a cheap-ish Canon SD300 (I got it a long time ago). I was going to get a dSLR, but no money :P

Btw welcome to APH chris46 :huh:

Buranko, if ur mother hasn't bought it yet, I'll ask my photographer friend to take a look at the 2 products :huh:

She bought SD700 x_X;

Oh well, but she can return it tho lol. but she looks pretty happy with that --"

I think I'll save up myself to buy my own someday. G7? LOL OMG, $$$ xD

SLR :huh: altho my photographer friend says don't get too hyped up about SLR cuz some high end cameras without SLR can beat a SLR camera in image quality. Glad your mom is happy with it tho, that's all that matters :P