Sign in to follow this  
darkorb

New Moniter

Alex you wont find one.

Oh em gee, that's gay. Can't you like custom order one like that? I mean, they'll do anything for money.. right?

Dude it's not even a good idea to have a very high pixel density monitor. It would take a long time to go into why but I'll put it a little simple, we dont yet have resolution independance and if your screen is pulling up 1/4th more pixels then an equalivent display you wont be able to see anything. Ontop of that if you do design work your designs that you size by eye will look insanely huge on other peoples displays.

You want to keep a 96 DPI (Dot per inch) as a rule of thumb.

My Dell is doing me fine, and my uncle hasn't complained about the 300CAD 22" one either. The only real difference b/w the 20/22 is that the 20" costs more, but has video inputs.

I personally don't mind the Dell monitors. After that, I would say Samsung, then LG/Acer are my bottom picks. The other key thing I like is dual inputs (DVI/VGA) where you can toggle b/w the two on the same monitor. I'm not sure how many large screen monitors out there support this. I know my sister's BenQ doesn't but it has the dual inputs. I would get a 22" if you want the largest screen possible. The 8800GTS 640MB should run almost any game at max settings just fine (AA/AF/HDR is going to be limited). Future games, it should be ok at medium-high graphics (tho it's just a guess right now)

im just ognna wait till next week for that 226BW from Samsung, man i cant wait!

And ordering that 8800gts 640mb for $365 next week too!!!

I work at Canadian tire, and making pretty good money compared to before, which was $0.

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...230&catid=#

It was $399, but sale ended and dad didn't want to do the deal yet, so there goes the price to $420.

Then there is this LG, http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetai...4258&catid=

But i like the look of the Samsung better.

I Highly suggest Dell LCDs, they are the Best and has great warranty.

Samsung offer comparable a warranty, cheaper prices and in some cases better image quality.

i already got my moniter

bought Samsung 226bw, backlight bleeding, severe ghosting

exchanged for another, same problem but worse bleeding and still ghosting

got a LG 22" wide, silver trim, dont remmeber tehexact model for $350, its nice a bit of bleeding

might exchange it for the one thats $50 more, it has the red/green/blue ports in the back of the moniter

i already got my moniter

bought Samsung 226bw, backlight bleeding, severe ghosting

exchanged for another, same problem but worse bleeding and still ghosting

got a LG 22" wide, silver trim, dont remmeber tehexact model for $350, its nice a bit of bleeding

might exchange it for the one thats $50 more, it has the red/green/blue ports in the back of the moniter

Wow... the Samsung 226BW is extrememly popular... I am surprised you had problems with it. I have Dells myself though personally.