WinMacLin

My Image Hosting Project

Me and my friends have started a site called Pixita.com it lets you upload photos, pictures, avatars, sigs, images of all kinds. Like Imageshack. We offer 2MB upload per image. The service is completely free and we never remove images because they are being viewed "to many times" we only ever remove images if it is severly damaging the expirence for other users (e.g. 2Mb Image posted on Digg.com lol). Anyway try it out see what ya think http://www.pixita.com/

It's still in Beta. We had quite a large closed-beta with 70 testers. We managed to iron out enough bugs to launch it open-beta yesterday night. Feel free to use the service or "spread the word" as it were.

If you find any problems please post them in this thread and I'll make sure they are addressed.

Cool... I will host my pics there!

486372.jpg

Missing some pic there winmaclin!

Look where it is hosted lol!

Edited by shc-boomer

FYI, Your bookmark link does not work (Firefox, XP64, JS Enabled).

"bookmarksite is not defined"

Edit: Same goes for IE7 and Opera 9.

Edited by HopkinsProgramming

The Image hosting service is still a beta has only been running for 2 days publicly...

If anyone has any suggestions at all for features they would like to see implemented, feel free to throw them down onto a post here... :P

FYI, Your bookmark link does not work (Firefox, XP64, JS Enabled).

"bookmarksite is not defined"

Edit: Same goes for IE7 and Opera 9.

Hello

We cannot seem to find any javascript code that works properly with regards to bookmarks. Anyone that can point us in the right direction (Javascript or otherwise) your help will be much appreciated

Yep, Quickload except you can highlight multiple pics to upload to the site :P

That is something we have in mind for version 0.5 (we are currently at version 0.3)

If anyone else has any suggestions, feel free to add them, and I will put them forward to our coders :)

For the record, the site is hosted on Bluehost. the CmWebHosting banner has now been removed

Edited by Shane

wheee congrats on the project, and hope it all goes well for you guys.

I will def be going there to upload my pics from now on :P

We cannot seem to find any javascript code that works properly with regards to bookmarks. Anyone that can point us in the right direction (Javascript or otherwise) your help will be much appreciated

Glad you asked! :P

Below is my own brewing of javascript that works in IE, Firefox and Opera. I think it fails in Safari, but I'm still working on that. :)

I hope that it helps you! :)

HTML Code

<body onload="java script:setupBookmarkLink();">

<p id="bookmark"></p>

</body>

Javascript Code

function setupBookmarkLink(){
   if(window.sidebar||window.external||(window.opera && window.print)){ // Is this a supported browser?
	 document.getElementById("bookmark").innerHTML='<a id="bookmarkus" href="#" rel="" title="Bookmark us" onclick="javascirpt:addBookmark();">Bookmark us</a>';
	 if(window.opera && window.print){ // Opera Hotlist
	   document.getElementById("bookmarkus").href="http://www.pixita.com";
	   document.getElementById("bookmarkus").rel="sidebar";
	 } 
   }	
 }

function addBookmark(){
   var title="Pixita: Bringing image hosting home"; 
   var url="http://www.pixita.com";

if((navigator.appName=="Microsoft Internet Explorer")&&(parseInt(navigator.appVersion)>=4)){
	 window.external.AddFavorite(url,title);
   }
   else{
	 if(window.sidebar){ // Mozilla Firefox Bookmark
	   window.sidebar.addPanel(title, url,"");
	 }
	 else if(window.opera && window.print){ // Opera Hotlist
	   alert('Please remember to untick the box marked "Show in Panel" when adding this bookmark.  Sorry, but this is currently unavoidable in Opera.');
	   return true;
	 }
	 else{
	   // Unsupported Browser
	 }
   }
 }

I have spoken to the Coders, and they said they tried that code, and it worked in much the same way as the current code (not properly)