Sign in to follow this  
ccuk

Why do I have to use emoticons...

In response to the thread which is now closed. Why do I have to use emoticons. They can give away the wrong idea as well as the right one.

I haven't used caps, I haven't used any angry emoticons, I have called you any names... so how am I flaming?

It would be nice to have an adult conversation. I don't exactly admin on a tiny site either.

No, I haven't called you flaming lol. I was saying it may portray the wrong idea.

It was merely a suggestion, but in many cases emoticons can assist in clarifying. Most people thinks that they can tell emotions over the internet, when in fact, they can't.

It's hard to tell, but sometimes, to be honest, it leaves me clueless whether a message was intended to be a positive comment or a negative remark.

Eg.

Your computer choice is terrible. You should reconsider shopping around before buying the parts.

^^ That sounds kind of offensive.

However, the person may mean:

Your computer choice is terrible. You should reconsider shopping around before buying the parts. :|

Can mean an entirely different thing to me.

Nice to bring this up though :P

I am a little dissapointed in the way with which I have been treated if I am honest.

The way in which the members have jumped upon myself, merely because I asked questions I find inappropiate, not to mention the closing of the thread without allowing myself to reply.

It shall be a while before I make any proactive return.

Sorry to hear that, but I don't think anyone meant anything offensive. Also, I was just suggesting something, not defining what you need to do. The choice is ultimately yours.

2 members suggested to close the thread on that specific discussion, because everything needed to be known was already answered. Personally I think it was appropriate to close it to prevent potential personal attacks. I certainly do not want that to happen.

This topic is another story, you are free to make a good discussion. But the choice is yours, enjoy :P

Winmaclin was just peed off at CHC, i dont no jack aphnetworks.com about the server stuff but yea

nothing to do with you

I think it all had to do with shc's stupid remarks.

No Offense you are a great person, but sometimes It's the Personal remarks that really Hurts. Alex I know some ppl likes to jump on you but sometimes it's playful, and dont worry we still like you in a friendly Way :|

If you don't Like the way certain member goes just PM them nicely, and say things Nicely to them. I know I am not an Exception but I will Apologize for anyone whom Ive offended, you can say I did and Ill apologize in No Time.

However sometimes I see personal attacks on Admins in the other thread which defies a civilized discussion. ccuk you are not a problem at all and it's been carried nicely and Im sure Chc means the Same Thing as I said. However I do recognize some Personal attacks and even name calling. Honestly if anyone wants to oppose Anyone, or you dislike someone so much, PM them and work it out, I hope no One here as a community means Bad things. I dont Hope So however some people really likes to jump on others at all times. If you don't Like someone, PM a mod for them to remove a post. If you Dont like the admin that much, then there are More suitable communities out there than this one.

Personally I like how many things are Carried out in a very Civilized and neutral manner without the Feel of challenging other people, Challenging with offense and name Calling is entirely not acceptable In My opinion. I have done so And maybe I am doing so in this post, so just bring it to me Personally and I will apologize. I am not pointing Fingers at anyone. :P

In general don't Draw conclusions so quickly and skeptical about Everything, enjoys to oppose people in a offenseive manner because it will only Create more Tension which is really bad because you wont get Anywhere.

Just remember the Community is about Acceptance and Respect, for civilized Discussion in a polite, respectful, helpful, and positive manner. If it gets offensive and Personal I would suggest a mod to just remove it.

Edited by Big Bang

Winmaclin was just peed off at CHC, i dont no jack aphnetworks.com about the server stuff but yea

I don't know either, but I own the site, and I know how it's run :| I highly doubt most share accounts can handle ~3000 people on the front page constantly. Forums, I can spend $2 a month for any, even overloaded hosting, and it works haha.

The guy is really busy, I need to find someone who knows how to run servers and that's less busy. Or I should learn it myself so I can just move the whole thing to a dedicated.

Yes... But our conversation got really serious and we almost moved to verbal assaults.

Yeah quite so, in some parts I felt quite offended. If it's not, I am sorry, can't tell emotions over net lol :lol:

No Offense you are a great person, but sometimes It's the Personal remarks that really Hurts. Alex I know some ppl likes to jump on you but sometimes it's playful, and dont worry we still like you in a friendly Way :)

If you don't Like the way certain member goes just PM them nicely, and say things Nicely to them. I know I am not an Exception but I will Apologize for anyone whom Ive offended, you can say I did and Ill apologize in No Time.

However sometimes I see personal attacks on Admins in the other thread which defies a civilized discussion. ccuk you are not a problem at all and it's been carried nicely and Im sure Chc means the Same Thing as I said. However I do recognize some Personal attacks and even name calling. Honestly if anyone wants to oppose Anyone, or you dislike someone so much, PM them and work it out, I hope no One here as a community means Bad things. I dont Hope So however some people really likes to jump on others at all times. If you don't Like someone, PM a mod for them to remove a post. If you Dont like the admin that much, then there are More suitable communities out there than this one.

Personally I like how many things are Carried out in a very Civilized and neutral manner without the Feel of challenging other people, Challenging with offense and name Calling is entirely not acceptable In My opinion. I have done so And maybe I am doing so in this post, so just bring it to me Personally and I will apologize. I am not pointing Fingers at anyone. :P

In general don't Draw conclusions so quickly and skeptical about Everything, enjoys to oppose people in a offenseive manner because it will only Create more Tension which is really bad because you wont get Anywhere.

Just remember the Community is about Acceptance and Respect, for civilized Discussion in a polite, respectful, helpful, and positive manner. If it gets offensive and Personal I would suggest a mod to just remove it.

Nicely put, should remove personal attacks. Actually, that's one of the forum rules, but it's not really been carried out lately...

Yeah sorry for offending anyone... And WinMacLin I was just trying to explain APH to my limited Knowledge.

lol :P:lol::):|:P

Anyway, my intention is a positive feeling to anyone, and I don't want anyone offending anyone and/or feeling offended. Either way it's bad.

And, well, tell me if I said something wrong on someone :)

Why are we all saying sorry? This is probably boomers scheme to increase his post count.

EDIT: Watch him reply with something like: No way! I'm just apologizing!

and then chc say something like, "Alex, stop bugging boomer."

and then boomer say something like, "Yeah, stop bugging me!".

Edited by APH-Alex

Actually, I cleverly schemed this out to increase my OWN post count! :P:o I've just used you all! muahahahahaha how delightful.

Actually, by you responding to me, and chc, I have a chance to respond and increase my OWN post count!! :P It seems that I have used you all. Hehe

^What kind of post was that? You should learn to contribute to forums properly.

(See how I just cleverly increased my ePeni-- er, my post count?)