Sign in to follow this  
chconline

What do you drive?

^ Thanks.

I've been talking to my parents, and IF everything goes according to plan, my parents will be buying me a new 2008 BMW 328xi. I have to pay for insurance myself, but it's well (and I mean, WELL) worth the cost :P I also just got a engineering coop job that pays around $14.25/hour (not confirmed yet..but def' not lower). I'm about 90% sure that this will be the car I will be getting. Hopefully I can persuade my dad to go to the dealership this weekend.

Lucky you!.... I tried a 325 this week, they are so amazing to drive... unfortunately I can't pay myself one (for the next 20 years I guess) , but I sometimes have a chance of road testings customer's cars at my work place at least :o

Good luck riding that :P

lol, with it's riding height fully ajustable at four wheels, it should be nice all around the house!

Wait... you bought an 328xi with an auto? :o

I'm disappointed.

:P

Anyways, that aside, good luck cleaning it lol. My car's black and anything shows up lol.

My mum wouldn't agree letting me get the 328i. You see, I have to drive from Waterloo to Toronto every weekend; rain or snow. And Waterloo is right in the middle of the snow belt.

Auto - I'm using it in the city. I too lazy to drive a manual. Especially on local roads.

haha ya that bmw's pretty sick man, eeven if its auto, but im guessing it wasnt you're call.

ive got a 2005 volvo v50 T5 awd, shes pretty sick.

haha ya that bmw's pretty sick man, eeven if its auto, but im guessing it wasnt you're call.

ive got a 2005 volvo v50 T5 awd, shes pretty sick.

its AWD. Most of the power is from the front wheels though if thats what u meant, 60/40 i think is the most it can do?

Depends what kinda AWD you're talking about in terms of torque vectoring. BMWs AWDs are rear biased, Audis are rear biased (I think), and Acura are front biased for the SH-AWD system -- although the SH-AWD has more advanced torque vectoring than the others, most/all of the power can be sent to one wheel. The Audi Quattro AWD system only transfer power from axle to axle with a Torsen limited slip differential in the middle.

If it's full time AWD, then by default one set of wheels will have more torque sent to them than another. Rear biased is generally better, think of a RWD car vs a FWD car (But more balanced).