chconline

The Official Driving Test/Road Tests Tips Thread

Never been to Didsbury so no idea. But just drive normally and study the rules of the book and you should be fine. In small towns, it's harder to make mistakes since a lot of it is based on your interaction with traffic.

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has posted advice here! I honest to God am SOO freaked out about my parking skills, thinking my car (a sunfire LOLZ) is much longer than it actually is. 

I really appreciate the breakdown of how the points can be distributed, as it is one of the only things I was having trouble understanding, and knowing for sure what would be an insta-fail helps me know what to practice on before I book my test.

Does anyone know how examiners may generally feel about a running driver's commentary like they do on Canada's Worst Driver? I really like how much it helps me concentrate on things I might miss if I was having a conversation or that could possibly slip my mind. I know everyone is different, but I don't know if it is frowned upon or anything in general.

You can have a running commentary of what you're doing. You're tested on your ability to drive, not your ability to follow instructions.

52 minutes ago, chconline said:

You're tested on your ability to drive, not your ability to follow instructions.

This.

I’m getting ready to do my basic road test tomorrow at the riverbend registries in Edmonton. Just need a question answered.

After making a left turn, do you merge into the right lane so you don’t impede faster traffic? I learned to do this in Ontario, but my driving instructor here told me just to stay in the left lane. 

I'd just stay in the lane for the driving test, especially if you are in a city road. I would move over to the right lane in real life though.