Sign in to follow this  
chconline

How's these pics?

Grrr, darn Photoshop :D I thought the algae (in the 2nd pic) was a little "too bright green", almost like it is neon green lol

Good camera. I'm still hunting around for a camera.

Nice pictures. You should invest in a dSLR :D it really makes a difference. The 2nd picture is slightly overexposed, and the 3rd picture is a underexposed (a filter would help with the sun glare too :P)

Really nice pictures nonetheless, especially for a P&S

Yeah I know :D I know how the pictures are and how they're like, I just can't justify spending $1000 on camera and lens that I won't use enough. (I don't like buying cheap dSLRs, either get something entry-level decent like a Rebel XSi instead of something not that good, I don't really like the D40)

These are the original pre-enhanced:

n102940032520485039232fj4.jpg

n102940032520485698173ei5.jpg

Pulled them off Facebook, too lazy to find originals, so a bit compressed.

I enhanced the colors a bit and emphasized more on green and blue to highlight the style of the second, while enhancing the white and blacks of the third one to create more of the thematic effect :P

Both Nikon and Canon make good cameras. None of their SLRs and dSLRs are cheap. The Canon XSi isn't really entry level. The D40 is more comparable to the XTi.

The XT and XTi's are outdated though :P The XSi takes really good photos for a semi-professional dSLR. I'm impressed.

On the other hand, the D40, not so much even when compared to the XTi :P

Ctrl+U ftw! Add a little saturation and.... BOOM BABY! Done.

Well, you may have added a little contrast as well. Nice pics!

On the other hand, the D40, not so much even when compared to the XTi :P

I didn't like the feel of the XTi in my hand...and I didn't have enough money to bump up to a D60 or 80. My dad already has a few lenses on his Nikon F4, so I thought I might as well save some money that way. I'm more than satisfied with the D40, it still takes good pictures (with a lot of room for me to grow). It just wasn't worth having to pay extra for Canon lenses while sacrificing comfort just to get a "slightly" better picture (that I'm not able of producing at this point anyway). If I'm still serious about photography in an year or so, then I'll be upgrading to the D300 or equivalent :P