Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Walmart sux....

Ok, Walmart sux, more than I will ever realize....

I have been "coached" 3 times now.

1. An assistant manager came over to me and asked why the 2 bays were nearly empty. I just told him that i was the only pusher after 6pm. I was working until 11pm. The other workers who went home after 6, left me with nearly nothing. This is my fault?

2. My supervisor saw that I was just sitting around, although, I was sitting around because my feet were killing me. I have told him this, and he just walked off. a few hours later, he saw me pushing up too many carts on the machine. Well, guess what, I'm not the only one doing it. Other ppl do it, too. So then he called me in, and gave me a half-asz talk about the above... And you are targeting me, why?

3. Tonight, I hit a truck with the machine, and the owners saw it. And they wanted to see a manager. So, i walked into Walmart, told a front manager about it, and they took care of it. I never really looked at the damage, but they said it was pretty bad. And about an hour later, they called me into the back room. They told me that they have to buy them a new bumper and a paint job. I myself, didn't think it was that bad. So, they gave me another coaching. Now, i hit cars before, especially, a manager's car, but he was cool with it. he showed us other dents he had in it...

So, now, I have what they call D-Day. In which, you are supposed to decide whether or not you want to work there anymore. And you have to write a paper on why you want to stay at Walmart.

So, i have off this tuesday, where i was scheduled to work, they do pay you, but you are supposed to stay home and think about if you want to stay there.

I didn't break this to my mom yet, but I'm sure she's gonna freak...

Edited by Mindovermaster

wow dude that sux

you shouldnt have to pay for it i dont think, they have insurance for those types of reasons, unless it was intentional

now do you want to work at a place like that? constantly bickering at everything y ou do? its your call, depending on how much you make, if you like it etc..

i wouldn't stay there, but i dont NEED a job as im in school and my job is easy enough as it is :D well 2 jobs actually

1. managing a website, $200 a month for 2 hours of work

2. $10/hour at Sears , selling TV's, store is usually empty so i sit on massage chairs and watch HD TV :P

Yeah, and a multi-billionaire company can't just pay out of their pockets?

I get about $8/hr, 9$/hr on sundays. (extra buck an hour on Sundays)

I do like the ppl there, that's what makes it fun :D

I'll see where else i can go, but just stay there until I can. They may just try to get rid of me.

Well, the purpose of every business is to *gasp* make money. If a "multi billionaire" company pays more and more of their workers, pay for everything, give so much benefit, then they would no longer the "multi billionaire" company as you've mentioned. You got to understand that any corporation's purpose is not a communist institution to serve the people, any mention of that is either compliance to government regulations (Monopolistic laws, minimum wage, etc), market competition/self regulation and marketing. Generally speaking, the purpose of all businesses are to make money, done deal.

Of course it's how the money is made is the question, whether it is worker exploitation or practices that can be questioned, but the Wal-mart you are working in question is dealing with the local manager of the store, and not on the corporate level.

That said, there should be insurance coverage on such but I believe it is fair to face the consequences of the error of the employee by itself. Getting a new bumper is a bit far. I bet your manager has virtually no car knowledge.

Personally if you don't like the managers there, I would either think if y ou can handle it or if you want to go elsewhere. What other choices do you have?

If you were to write a letter, got to be professional and sound objective. No offense but at this level you aren't going to convince your managers with "why you want to stay at Wal-mart". Meanwhile apply elsewhere.

The managers are ok, it's only when they get steamed that they take it out on us, it seems. [/rant]

They are doing pretty well, afaik, of selling. They just need to practice employee dis-harassment. Guess what, if everybody leaves, who's going to work?

I've seen ppl all around me leaving. This one dude was fired, because he had a mental disease (i cant remember the name right now) Even I know that it is able to get it under control.

Another person was fired because he was using his cel phone during work. And i heard him say that it was an emergency.

So, go figure...

As I heard, Walmart takes care of their employees failry well, but I guess for individual things like this, it will be different, depending on management.

I agree with some of those who said that you shouldn't take this abuse. I had complaints about my old job, and was coached several times for things too. I got tired of it all and I ended up looking for other jobs. You should definately follow up, but I think you've always known to look for other opportunity. The problem sometimes is that opportunity is not there, that is close by. Sometimes we need to just bite the bullet and continue on with the work. Of course, this is not good for the mental being of the person.

I agree with Boomer. Be honest in your letter. Whether it portrays the fact that you are interested in continuing to work there, or not. Even tho this is Walmart (which I don't like how the company functions), it helps to speak the truth for the future employees, so they don't need to go through this mess. This is of course if Walmart will read your letter and actually make changes that may help, or they ignore it. I think it will be the latter, but I want to also think that I will be proved wrong. The option of staying or going is really up to you, within your letter.

I can't believe that they punish you by making you stay home and "think" about what you did lol. What are we in high school? I can understand if they docked pay from you. I had this at my old job too, but I never had it happen to me (being suspended), although they didn't pay us for it.

Good luck with it. If you need anything, you know where to reach me :S

yeah, whenever you happen to be on MSM... anyway, yeah. I plan to go out tomorrow, and stop at Target and the computer place. Hopefully I'll get the computer place, then I can midda finger Walmart every day, since its right across the way :S

I'll write up the letter, but I'll be looking elsewhere..

Creating a "Walmart sux" thread, and writing a letter in order to keep your job at Walmart for security doesn't sound like a healthy practice. I don't think it's in anybody's position to judge who's in the wrong for points 1, 2, 3, but with the middle finger attitude you have against Walmart, why should there even be a question of keeping your job? Honestly if I were the manager/human resources guy, it is in the interest of both you and Walmart to quit the job period, without even having to consider about keeping it.

There are many other jobs out there. For example, a nightshift of around 6 hours working at a kitchen to prep food, wash dishes and refill inventory, would pay an upwards of $8 plus $4 in cash tips. I'm sure there's always an excess of store attendants in other retail outlets that isn't Walmart; there's a lot of opportunity.

If you're not going to take this job seriously after exhausting other means of employment, maybe it's time to reconsider your readiness for the working world.

Edited by ty8131990

well, how can you win in any situation when the managers are dead wrong? they just base it off what they see for 30 seconds, not the long term.

I'm not judging on anything the managers coached you on. I wasn't there, and I don't think neither of us were there to see how everything went, so it's impossible to tell who's right and wrong. That is a very trivial issue, you can "win" in this situation by getting another job, but writing that letter as your backup plan is not a very wise course of action, especially since you disagree with the managers anyway.

I wish I could offer some helping advice, but I'm afraid I'll perpetuate the stereotype of the "corporations are exploiting me" dude:

Fired from walmart: "Hey dude, u noe walmart sux az. Manaegr iz leik ttly stuopid, fire me fer no reazn. U agree w/ me rite?"

Friend: "Yeah dude, leik walmart sux ya, totaly agri, explting ppl leik slavs. I herd of dis othr guy who wrked at walmrt and yeah got ttly coachd."

Fired from walmart "Ya, evntho they suxz, I'm still gunna kip my job, evntho leik flr maneger leik totly suxz."

Friend: "Yeah....... dude got some pot?"

Edited by ty8131990

I wish I could offer some helping advice, but I'm afraid I'll perpetuate the stereotype of the "corporations are exploiting me" dude:

Fired from walmart: "Hey dude, u noe walmart sux az. Manaegr iz leik ttly stuopid, fire me fer no reazn. U agree w/ me rite?"

Friend: "Yeah dude, leik walmart sux ya, totaly agri, explting ppl leik slavs. I herd of dis othr guy who wrked at walmrt and yeah got ttly coachd."

Fired from walmart "Ya, evntho they suxz, I'm still gunna kip my job, evntho leik flr maneger leik totly suxz."

Friend: "Yeah....... dude got some pot?"

haha lol sorry I just thought ty's comedy session there was funny.

they loved the letter, manager said that it was the best letter he ever saw in his life. it was about 1 1/8 pages long. He also said that they normally write it into their computer, but since it was so long, they just put a reference to it, in case any manager needs to read it.