Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Adesso AKB-220 Compact Flexible Keyboard

Adesso AKB-220 Compact Flexible Keyboard

IMG_0378.jpg

I got this off of Tiger Direct. Fast shipping! I ordered it Monday morning, got it Tuesday morning, of course their Chicago warehouse is like a few hours drive from my house.

IMG_0379.jpg

Compared to a regular sized keyboard, it is 3 inches shorter on the width (<->), and about 1 inch shorter in height (^v)

IMG_0381.jpg

It has nice bright keys. It actually says "Space" on the space bar. It has a long space bar as well as a little space bar key left of the big one. It has two Shift buttons on the left, and a full shift bar on the right. It's similar to a laptop key layout, except it has the number keys attached on the right. The keys feel rather smooth, a rubber coating on them. They have the F and J raised, as most all keyboards do. The keys are something to get used to, you aren't pushing the keys down, you are really just pressing it onto a sensor. But as i use it for my lil server, It really isn't that hard.

IMG_0382.jpg

You can really roll it up, and stick it in your laptop bag, and have an external keyboard with you. No more do you have to lug around those big hard keyboards.

I myself has whacked it on the table a few times, and it still works like a champ! I haven't done the water test yet, but they say you can submerge it in water, and it will work as you just got it.

IMG_0383.jpg

This thing is also really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, (sorry, but it is really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really) REALLY thin......

Conclusion:

This thing is really, really, really, really, really, *face slap* cool! If you are on the go, this is the perfect keyboard for you. I might get another one of these, and just take off my KVM. It is USB/PS-2 by a usb to ps/2 converter, but it didn't seem to work on my KVM. When I connected the ps/2 converter, it didnt seem to work. But I could easily fit two of these on my keyboard drawer.

I rate thee 9/10 (I never give out 10 unless I go crazy with it. I mean, its a keyboard! Whoo-hoo! [/sarcasm])

Any questions, please ask!

I can never type on those things. Even the "normal" desktop keyboards get frustrating. I'm looking for a "laptop"-style keyboard to plug into my desktop.