Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Hey Guys!

Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on in the last few days. Let me bring you up to speed...

The doc thinks I have seizures, I went for an EEG today in milwaukee. Had to stay up since 3am.... My cousins helped me with that.

Have an MRI on Thurs, and a meeting with my neurologist on Friday for the results of the EEG.

Hopefully by the end of the week we will know if they're really seizures.

Do keep rooting for me in your prayers :wub:

I'll pray for you, hope they are not seizures. We will all try to help you out as much as possible here on APH. Don't forget to keep us posted on your condition.

Thank you, Boomer!

They did say that after my surgeries I had when I was 3, might end up being seizures, but i never had seizures, not in 20 years...

I'll keep you all posted as soon as i know more myself...

Hey Dave, glad to hear about sharing your updates. We'll be glad to do what we can :)

Do keep us posted and we highly respect you for your preserverance in this area. It is not something anyone can do, and you're the one that can for longer than I have lived my entire life. :wub:

Hey Dave (same name as me by the way!) - hope you all well and results would come out all clear. Meanwhile don't worry and enjoy life as it is.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot Hopkins and TL6MT (Dave)

@Hop- Yeah, I wish it will be an all clear, but these seizures that I'm getting now, they're a little more than an all-clear...

@TL6MT - I'm not really worried about outside life right now, I'm more concerned about my personal life, but yes, I will try to take it easy. :wub:

Edited by Mindovermaster

Hey,

I'll pray for heath and safety. I hope everything goes well. You are one of the most optimistic guys I know even considering what you've gone through.

Keep us updated!

• Like 2

It wasn't anything that bad, or they would have gotten me into a hospital pronto.

I'll find out exactly what's wrong when I see my neurologist tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be anything too bad..

:P(Y):P :P :) :) :) :)

Hey there MoM,

Sorry I didn't get to this thread sooner! It's good that the news isn't in emergency-state right now; maintain your optimism, stay strong, and never stop growing. I wish you the best and I will send over some positive energy.

Love,

Herbert

Thanks a lot, Herby!

I'm trying to keep optimistic here about it. It just may something i have to live with, who knows...

Oh, and I'm always very strong. I had to be, in my early years, I had Radiation, Chemotherapy, 2 surgeries, etc... I'm fine in that sector :P

Optimism is good - and I am sure you are just fine. :P

Why do you have to take a MRI anyway?

• Like 2

Well, 2 reasons....

1. I haven't had one for 3 years

2. To make sure my brain is in check..

I had a Brain Tumor when I was 3 years old...

Edited by Mindovermaster

Update:

I met with my neurologist.

He says that the MRI was fine, no change :P(Y):P :P

But he was saying that the EEG was a bit weird, at times my left lobe of my brain would get active, where the right side wouldn't, and from that, you get an imbalance. :) :) :) :)

So, now I have what they call a Partial Seizure, in which it is not a full seizure that affects the whole brain, but affects the left lobe.

I now am to take Keppra (KEPP-ra) twice a day for two weeks, then 1 in the morning, 2 at night for 2 weeks, and then 2 at night until gone... (I think that's right, I'm doing this off the top of my head atm)

So all-in-all, it's not really as bad as anticipated, but it is still a bit serious.

See, things are better than you expected! Optimism works! Hope it gets better soon though, drugs are usually only temporary unfortunately. Hope you feel all better soon!

Great to hear you're okay. Don't let these little things distract you from your happiness!

• Like 2

Glad to hear everything is pretty much just fine so far :P Worry about the rest... when they come, after all, there might just be nothing at all (Y)

Had my first pill awhile ago... Nothing bad happened... (Y)

It shouldn't be any worse.... :P

:P Glad to hear youre Ok as well!

Edited by Big Bang
  • Like 2