Sign in to follow this  
chconline

No more grass at the front lawn/sidewalk

No more grass cutting and pulling weeds at the front lawn! Will post pics once I re-implement my solar bricks with locking hardware so they don't get stolen. So I took out my dSLR to show off our latest landscaping beauty, haha.

001zrzcug.jpg

002esk.jpg

003bkg.jpg

004zrv.jpg

005pzm.jpg

006wzz.jpg

007fcftmt.jpg

008akc.jpg

009ixl.jpg

010dwt.jpg

Looks nice. Wish I could do something like that in my yard, but it's a large yard and it'd cost me a small fortune to cover it.

Also, did you remove the grass first or just put landscape fabric down and then cover with the rock?

Side note: did you ever get those two lights back from the person that stole them?

Edited by CrashGordon

Looks nice. Wish I could do something like that in my yard, but it's a large yard and it'd cost me a small fortune to cover it.

Also, did you remove the grass first or just put landscape fabric down and then cover with the rock?

Side note: did you ever get those two lights back from the person that stole them?

No haha. I dumped the rest of the bricks in the backyard. I'll get about 10 new ones coming in soon along with the locking hardware from my aunt :(

All the grass were removed and landscaped appropriately to accommodate the rocks. Otherwise it won't fit, haha. The grass is level with the concrete; so removing it also make the rocks level. Additionally, there were a lot of weed and some poorly done landscaping (thanks to me being lazy haha, long story) so it's all removed now.

It's actually not cheap to do these areas, haha. Well, at least both sides of the house are now rocks so we only need to take care of the backyard. The right side of the house came with the rocks when be bought it, which was a former showhome (FTW :P)

Hopefully the new ones won't get taken. It's sad that people feel the need to take things that don't belong to them.

Did you have someone else do the work or was it a DIY project?

• Like 1

Got someone else to do it... too tired lol. Got it the way we want it done though :(

Not quite the DIY I want, did some in the backyard last last year. I'm not quite up for it this year. The only DIY I want to do are little unique things that landscapers won't do for you.

Yeah hopefully they won't get taken. Again, I'll get it fixed into the ground instead of just placing it there. I'll probably install a Logitech security system just for fun as well. There's a perfect place to install it since all you need is an electrical outlet:

img0039cgv.jpg

Nice landscaping and nice lawn - I really like it. :(

Nice photos too, got to love dSLR cameras! I would really like to see a review on the Logitech security system as well, and it seems like whoever that built your house already has that idea in mind...

• Like 1

Yep, that outlet is in a perfect spot.

Yeah, I hear ya on those kinds of projects, although I enjoy doing them some of the time. Some projects are better left to someone else though. It looks really nice, whoever did it for you did a good job.

• Like 1

Wow, those guys planned ahead a bit. Secondly, don't you feel lazy for doing 0 gardening at all. Especially since you got lazy enough to just remove the grass and have a rocky landscape. How much did it cost you guys though? Curious.

Yep, that outlet is in a perfect spot.

Yeah, I hear ya on those kinds of projects, although I enjoy doing them some of the time. Some projects are better left to someone else though. It looks really nice, whoever did it for you did a good job.

Haha yeah. Plus the money paid to the guy is better than doing it myself considering he charged very reasonably. And a better job than anything I could do. :(

Wow, those guys planned ahead a bit. Secondly, don't you feel lazy for doing 0 gardening at all. Especially since you got lazy enough to just remove the grass and have a rocky landscape. How much did it cost you guys though? Curious.

Raw materials cost + $50 CAD/hour for the guy, which was very reasonable considering he got it done really fast :P

Nice! I like that look IMO.

Do you have any before pics of the front/garage view (1st and 2nd pictures)? Too lazy to dig around on Facebook/APH :P

Good work with the dSLR BTW :(

Edited by redeemed

Whoa sweet, quick reply chc! (unlike me haha)

Thanks for the pic :(

And continuity FTW. You already had paving/stones on the right side, so it makes sense to have this done on the left. But there wasn't that much grass anyways. Still, it would be a pain to lug out the mower just for that little patch.

<aph review mode>

In conclusion yo, we notice that the chc has made an excellent choice, which is evident in the tasteful landscaping style shown in the photos above.

Final APH Numeric Rating* is 8.9/10.

*APH, APH Networks, and the APH Numeric Rating are registered trademarks of APH Networks Inc.

</aph review mode>

That's a really good price and great work done. Would love the Logitech security system review and I said this twice!

• Like 1