Sign in to follow this  
shc-boomer

Photos on Photo ID

Yeah, that's the thing with passes/licenses that you have to keep for a long time. :lol: Was it "sit in front of the camera and have a random pic taken" or "BYO passport-size photo"?

I don't know about the various provinces in Canada, but here in NSW, when the RTA (Roads and Traffic Authority; it manages the roads/license/car registration stuff) issues licenses, the applicant sits in front of (basically) a glorified webcam for the photo. The person has to keep grinning/smiling/scowling lol at the camera until they take the photo. My gripe with that? They don't even say when they're about to take the photo :lol: They just tell you when it's done, and tough luck yo if the photo is crummy. It's especially bad if you opt for a 5-year license, haha. 5 years with the same photo on the card... :yes:

Mine looks really bad haha, I tried to smile, but I ended up looking like a retard. My university photo is pretty nice though.

They used to be color? An Alberta driver's license has always been black and white as far as I remember. (Well I could be wrong, I *Think* there was a color one back then, but either I wasn't old enough or too young to remember my dad's)

450altalicence090724.jpg

Our University of Calgary IDs were pretty nice until they whipped up some crappy red monotone cards this year.

28743233.jpg

A photoshopped version of mine with a fake ID number and name, don't ask why. :lol: