Sign in to follow this  
Rave

Monster or Shure?

I would automatically say no to any product from Monster Cable. They are a horrible company and do not deserve your business. Once chc comes along, I'm sure he can give you some better earphone opinions (All I've ever had are my Bose triport headphones, which I like and chc hates lol). :whistle:

Monster, Bose, Skullcandy, etc... all crap stuff :whistle:

The Shure SE115 in question shouldn't be bad earphones, but the performance isn't quite up to the price. As far as I've heard the sound characteristic differs from the Shures we are used to -- whereas "normal" Shure earphones are more neutral, these ones carry more bass and treble with a relatively recessed midrange.

Skullcandy are overpriced crap, even not being a total audiophile, I know this. Maximos are actually very good for their price. Waiting for that next NCIX sale to pick up a pair of them.

Whatever you guys think. As I said, I'm not an audiophile, so ;)

So what makes you think you're credible enough to recommend anything over anyone else?

The chc said the iM-590's aren't bad, but go for the Vibe IIs.

• Like 1

Skullcandy are overpriced crap, even not being a total audiophile, I know this.

really? don't look too pricey to me...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&Description=skullcandy&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&Order=PRICE

So what makes you think you're credible enough to recommend anything over anyone else?

I'm not recommending over anyone. I'm just saying as far as I know, that I have used in the past and present.

Rave can choose on his own, i believe...

Edited by Mindovermaster

Anything that's not worth the price for its performance can be classified under the 'overpriced crap' category (Although the words are used a bit more strongly than I would like, quoting boomer ;) ) so it's not about the raw magnitude of the price, it's about what you're getting for the money you pay for. In that regard, Bose, Skullcandy, and Monster surely does not fit into this category appropriately.

If Shure headphones are anything as good as their mic's, they're worth it. We use nothing but Shure mics in the band. Everything from the amps/speaker cabinets and drums to the lead singer.

Edited by CrashGordon

They're quite different. Originally "consumer" Shure earphones are taken from their PMKs (The E3c, E4c, and E5c, but not the E2c) -- but after they tried to get the consumer market with entry level earphones, the quality started to compromise and the market for entry level performance IEMs have gotten very competitive in the last few years. Back in 2005, Shure is practically 'the' earphones to get along with a handful of others like UE, etc. but nowadays the landscape changed so significantly.

I used to have Shure E4c when they first came out, they were pretty much one of the Best in the market. Then every company started making really good iems for 1/2 the price. Monster and skullcandy arent one of them btw.