Sign in to follow this  
shift

Hellos

Hello fellows, and maybe ladies

I've missed all of you during this "vacation". Apologies to anyone who has emailed or messaged me, and I've either provided no response or a late response. I'm finally trying to get myself back into the groove of life.

So I went missing because I did have personal issues to take care of, and it was just one thing after another. I hate to make excuses but we all need to prioritize our life sometimes, and some things will have to be let go. I'm not going to get into any details but being an adult is hard at times lol.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm alive and will try my best to keep up with emails. I'm going to be away for a week or two while I get settled into a place to live. I'm currently moving to Montreal, cuz chc won't let me stay at his place! I start work on Monday, and I'm in Montreal looking for a place to rent, then gotta get furniture and make it a temporary home, for now. I'll try to make it back from time to time during this process, but I really hope that I can finally become more active in the community again.

I hope all is well with everyone, and it looks like some new names around, or is Hops and his 1337 banning skills, causing people to re-register under new names? hehe.

btw typing this on my new Gateway EC18 series "netbook" (aka Acer Timeline). Wish I could get the EC14 series (dual core version basically) but I found this refurbished at netbook pricing so I couldn't resist =P. So yeah, I'm still a geek, nothing has changed there =D

• Like 3

Welcome back, gummyz! :whistle:

Lemme warn you, there's a bit of Acer hate going on around here. Also, the chc will probably have something to say on that matter (something like "OMG TEH ACERZ SUX0RRZZZ LENOVO FTWWWW!!111!!!!!11)

:lol:

Welcome back, Gummyz! How long has that been? I don't remember when you posted last...

btw, how did you find a job? I've been trying to get one for a year and a half...

Edited by Mindovermaster

shift, chc and boomer

Please stay on topic =P lol It's great to see you guys, but I'll reply better on my thread.

^^^^^^^

ok some "idiot" admin decided to mess with my post! haha, j/k =)

chc, boomer and shift, it's really great to see you guys, as mentioned. Redeemed? Someone changed their nick? CrashGordon!!! I'm glad you're here, as I used to see you on neowin so much, and you're a great person with loads of helpfulness. And of course D/MoM!!!

Just some quick replies back, as I just took a break from walking about 2 hours.

@ redeemed - Yeah, I agree in general that Acer isn't great in terms of quality builds. Trust me, I'm not a big fan of Acer myself (which owns Gateway anyways). I'm pretty happy with it, but ask me in about a year lol. Actually chc is such a picky person too lol. I had an Acer monitor that was okay, but I sold it due to buying a 26" :whistle:

@ boomer - I think both Gateway and Acer, in general, have the same build quality, acceptable. I didn't have a chance to try the Timeline fully, so I can't comment on comparisons of these two. The Gateway one was on sale so I got it instead (albeit refurbished).

@ chc - I'm looking for love elsewhere but I'm glad to see some great people have continued to make aph a great place to share ideas, helpfulness, and having fun =D

@ MoM - It's been way too long. I got laid off from my job in Ottawa. Then got transferred to Montreal site to work on something a little different, or similar to my original position in Ottawa. It's not really easy finding a job though, especially where you're located, but keep at it because you just never know. Even sometimes taking a job that isn't exactly what you're looking for, may eventually lead you to that, or something even better.

Well gotta go continue to hunt for apartments and make phone calls. I'll be back hopefully later on in the week. Take care for now all, and it feels good to be back and posting with you guys!

Edited by gummyz
  • Like 1

Haha you're right about picky :whistle: But I think chc would prefer the term "good taste" :realmad:

Yeah I joined June '08, but I really started posting hardcore-style in the beginning of Aug this year. The chc knows why :P Actually lol, it was because chc thought I'd make a good mod, and wanted me to be involved a lot more on the forums before giving me the job.

So yeah, that's probably why you don't remember me around :lol:

Yep, redeemed is a part of the team for a while now. As you can see in the Behind the Scenes page... he's having fun in the Publications division nowadays. :lol:

Glad to see you back gummyz. As always. :whistle:

@ redeemed - I'm sorry if I forgot who you were. There's some bad stuff I've done during the past few years that has made me lose some brain cells, and old age is one of them lol. I'm glad to see some new faces since the old faces weren't doing anything for me lol. J/K all =D

@ Big Bang - great to see you still around. You were always a great and fun person to have around. Also making us jealous of your toys. You still flying planes?

Yeah, I feel great to be back and as soon as I settle down here, I'm going to be more active all around. No more work posting though, cuz I don't wanna mess things up =)

Still haven't signed a lease but hopefully this changes tomorrow as I at least have a place in mind already. I wish one of you guys were in Montreal though. I did go look at 46" TVs and I'll probably end up making a thread about it since I kinda want some guidance, even though I know what I want. Anyhow, it's close to bed time for me, so until tomorrow folks!

Thanks for moving and fixing up this thread mods! =)

Edited by gummyz
  • Like 1

Night man, hope you enjoy Montreal. Wish I was there too, more fun than exams haha. But aside the point if you need any help with anything feel free to make a post about it.

Danke Boomer. Just wanted to thank all for the warm welcome back.

Just a question, where's Herb, Ty and Alex? If it's something that can't be discussed, we'll just leave it at MIA =)

• Like 1

Eh no worries man. :realmad: I remember you only vaguely, so that makes 2 of us, haha :lol:

Yep, redeemed is a part of the team for a while now. As you can see in the Behind the Scenes page... he's having fun in the Publications division nowadays. :P

Glad to see you back gummyz. As always. :whistle:

You totally right about the "having fun", chc. Better than that APHiliates junk :realmad:

Nah j/k, APHiliates is kinda fun too, haha :realmad:

Just a question, where's Herb, Ty and Alex? If it's something that can't be discussed, we'll just leave it at MIA =)

Ok, all three of them are just MIA. Herb is inactive, Alex is well, I have no idea here. Probably just inactive and Ty just fell off the face of the earth at some point.

Herbs is still alive... his "Media Information Technoculture" stuff is occupying his life. :whistle:

No idea what happened to Alex... and ty? We can always find out. :lol:

Forgot about God too, but I guess people do leave and move on, or have priorities =)

@redeemed - thank you, I don't feel as bad lol. You seem to be a very good person just like everyone else here (except for me cuz I don't want to sound conceited lol).

Just an update, I found a place now! I'm signing my lease on Friday so I'm moving, hurray! I'll take pics and the setup when I get furniture. It's a cozy place (aka a little small but it will do for now until I decide what I'm going to do in the next year or two).

• Like 1