Sign in to follow this  
shift

New stuff ordered!

Hello Anthony Ming-Ho Kwan,

We have received your Big Deal order. Please allow up to 6 weeks for your order to ship.

Order Details

December 10, 2009 2:05 AM EDT

Order number: *****

AND

Compu2000 - Your One Stop Mac Store Order #***** Details:

Order Date: 12/09/2009 09:50pm

Order Total: $245.27

Purchaser e-mail address:

Billing Address:

Removed for security reasons

Shipping Method: Pick Up (Richmond, BC)

Shipping Address:

Removed for security reasons

Order Summary:

Product Qty Price Subtotal

Canon PowerShot SD780IS Digital Camera Silver 12.1MP 3X Optical Zoom 2.5IN LCD DIGIC4

1 $218.99 $218.99

Subtotal: $218.99

Shipping Insurance: $0.00

Shipping: $0.00

Tax: $26.28

Total: $245.27

Formatting might be all wrong but you get the general idea. Core i7 860 on the way in about 6 weeks or so.

Canon SD780IS is probably ready for pick up in about a week or two.

ASUS P7P55D sitting on my desk right now as well as G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 Ripjaws with CAS-9 waiting for the i7 to come.

Pictures when the camera is ready for pick up :whistle:

Edited by shift

Yeah Intel Retail Edge program is awesome if you work for one of the stores eligible for it.

This will actually be my first time with G.Skill as I thought the i5 Dominator kits were a bit too expensive for my liking.

We'll see how they do :whistle:

Edited by shift

I had issues with both sets of my DDR2-800 HK sets, but the set of DDR-800 PK that's in the wife's machine is fine. Put the replacement set of PK 1066 they swapped out for me in hers with no issues so far.

If you should have problems with them, their support forum is very good and they'll do what it takes to make you happy.

• Like 1

The motherboard? It's pretty standard P55 motherboard. If chc were to get one for review I'd probably recommend something higher end such as P7P55D Evo, or P7P55D Deluxe or maybe a Gigabyte P55-UD4P.

It does use a Foxxconn socket so I don't know if I'm going to have issues with bad contact with CPU pins compared to a LOTES socket motherboard.

And yeah, the CPU takes up to 6 weeks to ship. That's according to Intel though, won't be surprised if it comes earlier. I'll get an email when it is shipped out anyway.

There's nothing wrong with a Foxconn socket in my opinion. I've used many boards and there does not seem to be any QC issues.

I'm trying to get my hands on a P55 motherboard for review comparos (DFI, Asus, Gigabyte, Foxconn, etc) but I've only started on that today and we'll see how that is arranged. There's a huge demand for these reviews but I'm pretty strapped down right now.

Sorry to be in a non-googling mood, but what's this Intel Edge program?

Everyone's getting new PCs/parts, I need to join in soon =D Waiting to see pics and such.

• Like 1

http://retailedge.intel.com

If you work for one of the stores eligible for that program (and get your paycheque verified) you can get some pretty sweet deals.

Here's ONE picture I took with new camera.

img0010zf.jpg

Logitech Illuminated Keyboard, iPhone 3G and the bottom right corner of my Dell Inspiron 1318; Oh and my leg ;)

Edited by shift

Yeah it's nice to have some nice deals to get system upgrades started once a year.

As for the camera, DAMN its so much better than the Casio. When is chc ever wrong with his recommendations? ;)

Once you optimize the settings and use the features correctly, it provides very good images for the size and price. The depth of field is generally poor like all compacts, but the amount of detail is actually very good. You'd be surprised how they can design such a small sensor that's so sensitive, yet delivers minimal image noise given low ISOs. Lens distortion is noticeable but it is not a significant problem IMO (And a lot better compared to most compacts out there).

Oh yeah here's a photo I took back in August with the SD780IS vs SD790IS:

59401193300465878102940.jpg

It already is! It's pretty awesome for such a compact camera.

It looks almost the same size as the SD790is in chc's photo but if you hold them in real life the SD780IS is rounder and feels much smaller.

• Like 1