Sign in to follow this  
Mindovermaster

Exercising Methods

I was looking at exercises, different weight lifting, etc. that I can do at home, and get the same results as I would at the gym. I would think it would cost about the same as a gym membership. But as I can't drive, and my parents have their stuff to do, why not?

Anyway, this is where it gets weird. The first link I saw from Google said this:

"How to lose weight fast & Look good naked"

:wub:

Edited by shc-boomer
Changed title and moved to general discussion.

1. We don't have Taxi's in this little town

2. The bus system does not stop at any of the gyms, anywhere it stops, I'd have to walk half a mile. And in the snow, that isn't fun.

3. I am terribly scared if I get a seizure while working at the gym, or something else goes bad. That's why I'm looking at home options.

I possibly go to our hospital's fitness center. I volunteer there, and all volunteers have to pay a one-time fee of $20, and it's free for life. I don't know how big it is, though.

Edited by Mindovermaster

It is under my impression that all towns have taxi's, and if your town is small enough not to have a taxi then it's possible to walk, maybe when there's no snow?

We used to have Taxi's but they weren't gaining any money.

The closest one to me (that doesn't have a contract) is about 2 hours from my house, and we even get snow in April, so for 4-5 months I can't get there by bus transit.

@chc, yes, we do have a Taxi company in Racine, we have one person running it atm... All the others are south of us. And shuttle bug is more of a airport transportation then a cab service.

Edited by Mindovermaster

There's more than that I'm worried about. I slipped on ice one too many times, got teared skin on my face arm, and even had pretty big bumps on my head.

I beg of you, try walking with your left leg longer than your right, and tell me how many times you fall over.

Edited by Mindovermaster

Hmm if you wanna work out at home, there's many ways. If you really want to get in shape, you can do it haha.

Get a treadmill, it has walking and running speeds...you can get a set of weights...if you live in a multilevelled apartment, you can use the stairs..or even to the basement. Same thing. Umm Pushups, curlups, jumping jacks. There are so many ways, man. You don't need to go to the gym. Like shift said, "Where there's a will, there's a way".

• Like 3

Very true, but we can't fit a treadmill in this house. All my mom's crap is taking up the space :wub:

Yeah, I live with my parents still, but it's hard to live on your own when you are disabled. It's not like I'm in a wheelchair, but i have my problems.

It's also hard for me to walk/run, but I've built up my callous after years of walking. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I still don't walk like a regular human being :|

Edited by Mindovermaster

Hmm if you wanna work out at home, there's many ways. If you really want to get in shape, you can do it haha.

Get a treadmill, it has walking and running speeds...you can get a set of weights...if you live in a multilevelled apartment, you can use the stairs..or even to the basement. Same thing. Umm Pushups, curlups, jumping jacks. There are so many ways, man. You don't need to go to the gym. Like shift said, "Where there's a will, there's a way".

Yes I have an exersise room in my house as well. Just buy one of those workout machines... treadmill separate. Not too expensive.

• Like 1

You don't have space in the ENTIRE house? The amount of room an average treadmill or exercise thingy mcbob system doesn't take much room. :wub:

Herb, this house hasn't been cleaned out since I was born... It was a bit clean when I was little, but the crap just piled up.

But yes, the hospital's fitness center probably is a good idea. It's cheaper than the gym I used to go to :wub:

Edited by Mindovermaster

I should make a video with my camera :wub:

Hey like I said dude, if there's a will there's a way.

I'm surprised your will isn't stronger considering this directly relates to both your lifestyle and your physical health.

Sitting in front of a computer for most of the day and staying at home is not one way anyone should be living their life.

Now given I'm not telling ANYONE how to live their life, but merely giving suggestions to IMPROVE the quality of your life.

Why can't you explain to your mom that she needs to clean up some of her **** so you can get a treadmill and do some exercise at home because you are unable to go to the gym, or the hospital is becoming too inconvenient for you.

Now don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to be condescending here, but I think you need to either suck it up or stop making excuses and do something about the issues you have.

Edited by shift

You're alright, Shift. You're just giving me suggestions, not necessarily discriminating me.

Oh, my will a few years ago was great, but after I started having my seizures, I ran and sat in a dark corner, until the beginning of December, when my doctor prescribed me another drug that got rid of most my seizures. So now, I am willing to do this stuff again, but a bit cautious.

No, sitting in front of a computer does not make you lose weight. But back when I had my seizures, again, I was scared, especially after I fell into our bathtub while pissing. Luckily, I hat my pants zipped and snapped before this happened.

I'm trying to improve my life every day, but there's people who shoot my emotions down.

Let me count, we told her to clean up her **** 100,000,000 times, she never learns. We had a small flood in our basement a week ago, and half her stuff got wet that was in cardboard boxes. Old letters from 2000, music that she hadn't seen for years, a whole bunch of bags that she never used, Old newspapers...

I try, to the best of my abilities, to beat the hell out of these issues. I just need more confidence in me. It's just depression that is biting at my butt. I am trying to bite back :wub:

I am not saying you should not respect your parents and their property, but sometimes you need to be more assertive with your reasons and will while respecting your mother to come up with the best possible solution that will accommodate both of you. Blaming everything on your mom or getting all the emotions up because she doesn't clean the house isn't the way to go; she's human too, and it's her property. But I think it is important that you make your situation and proposed suggestion known like shift has mentioned.

Well, it's not only that she doesn't clean the house. That's not the least of the problem at hand.

It took me a good 4 months to come at a stand about the router/modem being on at night. She kept fighting it, until she just gave up.

I tried to get her off MS Outlook, because I backup her emails once a month. Her Outlook profile amounts to 1GB. Backing that up to my server takes 90 minutes.

Anything we change for her, she gets confused and gives up on it.

I'm sure we ALL know what notepad is. She doesn't. One day, once and for all, I have to teach her everything software-wise. Make her a guide or something.

The reason it may sound like I'm "blaming" her is because I have to let the stress out somehow. You guys are usually the only ones on msn I can talk to. It cools me down.

If there's a will, there's a way...

Edited by Mindovermaster