Sign in to follow this  
chconline

I'm proud to have supported my distant cousin in China.

:wub:

Last week, Adidas online store had some sale, so I clicked in to see what they had on sale haha. There were quite a few 50% off items that I liked, and one of the highlights were these shoes. I've always preferred Adidas running shoes over Nike (I found Nike to be fairly cheaply made, although they usually cost a little less than Adidas products, I found Adidas to have consistently higher quality regardless). Anyways, I had to admit these are probably the lowest priced shoes I purchased for a long time -- those epic Adidas Clima365 whatever shoes I bought a few months back were excellent, not really expensive either (They were on sale for 90 bucks), but I kind of realized after a while that you can't wear them 75% of the year because some genius thought it was a good idea to make the entire shoe ventilated including the bottom. Basically it won't work in the winter (Snow, too cold, and too much ventilation means my socks would get wet in no time), spring (Melting snow = wet shoes), fall (more rain = wet socks all around), and a good portion of the summer (When it rains). Actually I have to be very careful not to step into lower parts of any grassy fields since it would make my socks wet lol. Anyways, these were 1/2 price for $80 so I was like :P Never saw them, never tried them, but for 80 bucks you can't go wrong :|

img0195n.jpg

img0196j.jpg

I was surprised by how... nice they were, lol :D no shoe expert, but they look pretty nice... and feels pretty good. Haha.

Nice lighting effects on the pictures. Nice shoes and an awesome deal. Any good Adidas for less than $100 are usually already a steal. Getting it @ $80 was probably the best deal they had on them for this entire year.

Edited by shc-boomer

ROFL, this thread's title FTW :|

Nice shoes BTW. They look 1337 :wub: On average, I tend to buy one pair of runners every 1 yr 3 months :D Yeah I know, haha. I'm a fan of the Nike Dart V (see below), which I had from 15 May 08 until earlier this month (so 1.5 years). I still have it, but now I'll use it only for random walking around. Before that, I had my first pair of Dart V's, from June '07-May '08. Now, I bought a Dart 7, because the store couldn't get me Dart V's. As ridiculous and strange as this sounds, I miss having a new pair of Dart V's :( ...but my current pair (Dart 7) are alright too. :D

Also, having really thin feet doesn't help. Usually the shoe fits nicely aaround the middle and arch of my foot, but isn't long enough. When I have ample toe space though, it tends to be loose around the midsection of my foot. So yeah, that's another factor why I only buy a pair of shoes so rarely. Because it takes me ages to find a good pair, once I "hit the jackpot", I tend to stay with what I have for a few years. And actually, this is the first time in my life that I've bought the same or very similar shoe for such a long period of time (2.5 years, and I've just started on my 3rd pair).

Fun fact: I bought my most recent pair (Dart 7) in the end of August; I only wore them once until Boxing Day (yes, just last week), when I started wearing them regularly. I didn't like how they felt on my foot (and after spending $80!). But after wearing just that new pair for all this week (about 5 days of solid usage), I think I like them after all :D I've gotten used to them, and they've started to mold to my foot shape, so that's a bit of WIN for me :D

NB: I can't believe I wrote this much about shoes/feet haha :P

TEH 1337 DART V YO:

LXYbO.png

Edit: And yeah, I have that shoe in white. It's darn grimy-looking now, haha. What do you expect after a year of solid usage? :P

Edited by redeemed
Added the pic of Dart V's, lol.

Nice redeemed. Never knew theres so much knowledge when it comes to running shoes. Cool shoes though chc, although I was never really into silver shoes. My son has a few pairs!

Get yourself a treadmill :D

I've always like Airwalks myself, but I'm not into running shoes.

:| What does a treadmill have to do with anything. Adidas >>>> Airwalk

Yep. Especially of this kind. Got to try out its all weather traction. :wub:

I expect tests on ice, dry, and wet too!

• Like 2

:wub: What does a treadmill have to do with anything. Adidas >>>> Airwalk

chc said:

but I kind of realized after a while that you can't wear them 75% of the year because some genius thought it was a good idea to make the entire shoe ventilated including the bottom. Basically it won't work in the winter (Snow, too cold, and too much ventilation means my socks would get wet in no time), spring (Melting snow = wet shoes), fall (more rain = wet socks all around), and a good portion of the summer (When it rains). Actually I have to be very careful not to step into lower parts of any grassy fields since it would make my socks wet lo

With a treadmill, you do not have to worry about your feet getting wet.

I only like Airwalk because they fit well.

Edited by Mindovermaster

Nice shoes chc. LOL @ title. Looks like a pretty good Tread Pattern. :wub: Its ok unlike some people on here who sits in front of their Computer all day in their mom's Basement who can't/won't go anywhere I think the rest of us understand why shoes were ever made and what they're for.

Edited by Big Bang
  • Like 2

just put a screen in front of you with moving scenery. :|

He's still going nowhere, just watching a screen while on the treadmill. :wub:

Watching TV with a treadmill still means going nowhere. I just realized the title and I am ROFLing at it as well. Nice shoes and thx for your input Redeemed!

He's still going nowhere, just watching a screen while on the treadmill. :wub:

+1

I mean, we still need to go outside and all - COME TO CALI! You can wear those shoes all year round!

• Like 1

Yeah, one of these days. I'll give you a personalized autograph if you let me drive your car around on a track day. :|

I promise I'll wear these shoes. :wub:

Nice redeemed. Never knew theres so much knowledge when it comes to running shoes. Cool shoes though chc, although I was never really into silver shoes. My son has a few pairs!

Watching TV with a treadmill still means going nowhere. I just realized the title and I am ROFLing at it as well. Nice shoes and thx for your input Redeemed!

Thanks and thanks :| Yeah, it's hard for me to find shoes, so I guess having to try on and compare so many pairs leads to knowing a bit about them :D

You won't be the stig, you'll be..."the chc" LOL

FTW :wub:

Edited by redeemed

You won't be the stig, you'll be..."the chc" LOL

Just wear these shoes with some Alpinestars equipment.

• Like 1

Speaking of which, I had to say the light snow and deep snow traction as well as ice traction of these shoes are pretty good. I tested the stopping distance on snow with an incline, and it's pretty darn good. :lol: