Sign in to follow this  
TL6MT

How much did you spend on your Credit Card in the past year?

I spent around US $35000 on my main credit card last year - which is almost $3000/month. :lol:

• Like 3

I think mine was around $11000 CAD for the entire year last year. (~$917/month average) Those cashback credits really pay off :lol:

:D $56000 on Main card. Around 4700 each month.

:lol:

I've recently paid off all of mine and cut up all but the one from my bank. I only use it for ordering online and stuff and it gets paid off right away. I guess I'm old skool and pay with cash, that way I can't spend more than I have. :lol:

• Like 2

Yeah I use mine basically like cash. The reason why I use it is for online purchases, keep track of expenses easily, and card benefits.

I just charge everything on credit, I spend wisely enough, it is just I hate carrying more than $60 in cash at a time. I go to university and almost everything accepts credit and even if they don't I can always borrow cash from a friend.

Yeah except I carry like 10 bucks on me. :lol:

I don't have any benefits other than a low APR. :D

Standard is 19.50% isn't it? I pay all my bills on time, so I don't really care haha.

Yeah except I carry like 10 bucks on me. :lol:

Standard is 19.50% isn't it? I pay all my bills on time, so I don't really care haha.

It was alot lower until recently, although I always paid ontime (if not early), just another reason I don't let anything build up.

• Like 2

I actually prefer to use cash or debit card over credit card (because I have to pay the bills and I tend to forget)

I almost always keep at least 40$ cash on me haha.

But cash, you don't get to keep track of your expenses easily, and coins are heavy. Debit doesn't offer nearly as much protection and you need to put money in your chequing account, which doesn't offer much (if at all) interest. With credit, you are basically spending someone else's money, with full protection on what you're spending, and you get card benefits (Points, cashback, etc) and easy to track expenses. It's a win win win in my opinion. You get to keep your money until the end of the month where you get more interest since you have more money in your savings or whatever.